Glory out of Miami Anyone Recently Sail her?

swimmom32

We liked it very much. It was the second time on her. The entertainment was very good. There was the Welcome Aboard show the first night. I thought it was good. Just a lot shorter than I remember. There was a comedy show with Percy Crews and Roman, Livin' in America, Just Rock, A juggling comedian Thien Fu and the obligatory Carnival Legends. There was one more but I can't remember that one because of excursion we went on that day. The food was great as usual. The ship needs cosmetic work but nothing major. We tried early seating for the first time and didn't care for it. We felt rushed at times for the first time. I understand they have another seating after us but getting the dessert menu before you are 1/2 way through dinner is a little much. Not really a big deal just wanted to mention it. Room was taken care of wonderfully as always. Cruise Director in my mind was just ok. Doesn't really matter to me but for some people it does make a difference in their vacation and you really didn't see or hear much frm him. It was all his help that did most things. Any other questions ask away.

We liked it very much. It was the second time on her. The entertainment was very good. There was the Welcome Aboard show the first night. I thought it was good. Just a lot shorter than I remember. There was a comedy show with Percy Crews and Roman, Livin' in America, Just Rock, A juggling comedian Thien Fu and the obligatory Carnival Legends. There was one more but I can't remember that one because of excursion we went on that day. The food was great as usual. The ship needs cosmetic work but nothing major. We tried early seating for the first time and didn't care for it. We felt rushed at times for the first time. I understand they have another seating after us but getting the dessert menu before you are 1/2 way through dinner is a little much. Not really a big deal just wanted to mention it. Room was taken care of wonderfully as always. Cruise Director in my mind was just ok. Doesn't really matter to me but for some people it does make a difference in their vacation and you really didn't see or hear much frm him. It was all his help that did most things. Any other questions ask away.

thank you for the info :) We didn't care for our CD either on the Destiny although the shows were really good and the comedian we saw was hysterical...Not much though was going on...Hoping to Make Reservations for Liberty for a June Cruise.....Again Thank You

The ship needs cosmetic work but nothing major.

The Glory was in Dry dock in February 2010 according to the link below. When did you last sail her? Hopefully they have spruced her up, we sail her in March.

http://***************/2010/02/carnival-glory-returns-to-service-following-extensive-multi-million-dollar-refurbishment.html

Looking for some insight. We like the Itinerary for the Glory but I havent read anything good as far as reviews...Anyone sail on her recently? If so I'd love to hear about your Experience...

Thank You

Sailed on her Nov 7-14 on the Eastern route and had a great time, I have a review posted. Staff and Crew were excellent, no problem other than the weather and Carnival can not control that.

The Glory was in Dry dock in February 2010 according to the link below. When did you last sail her? Hopefully they have spruced her up, we sail her in March.

http://***************/2010/02/carnival-glory-returns-to-service-following-extensive-multi-million-dollar-refurbishment.html

We sailed 12-5-10 out of Miami

Hello we just got back. We did the Christmas cruise on the Glory. Myself the wife and 16 year old daughter. We had an aft cabin which was great. This was our second cruise, first was Royal Caribbean. We were thoroughly impressed and enjoyed ourselves immensely. The staff was great, food was good, and loved the entertainment. OK some of the comedians jokes were cheesy but overall great. The stops were enjoyable. Of course the boat was full but the buffet lineups were not too bad at all. On sea days the pool decks were very busy but we were able to kick back on our aft balcony when we wanted to. We were planning a trip to Florida for march break but after getting back we have decided to book another cruise...that says it all. Have a blast. Jim

We sailed the 12-5 sailing as well. this was my 7th cruise and my husbands 4th. out of all of my cruises i found this to be one the of the best staff. we had a 15MO with us and the attention they paid to him was amazing. The ship itself was nice to, of course its similar to may others but found it clean. Our cabin was nice we had a flat screen tv and our room steward kept it up very well. Any questions just ask.

Everything was great minus the weather a few days!!!

I have been on the Glory a couple of times. I absolutely love the ship!! I haven't been on it since January 2010 but even had my honeymoon on the ship. I have no complaints about it! I have had nothing but positive experiences with it. The staff was always extremely polite and enjoyable to be around. You will enjoy!!

Archived