A magical question

seattlejoe

So we have just booked a 9 day Mediterranean cruise aboard the Carnival Magic. We are on deck 6 in a balcony and wondered if anyone has stayed on this deck before and had any trouble. I read somewhere that deck 6 would be a bit noisy but I just want to know if it is really ridiculous, or just some noise here and there. Thank you so much! I look forward to my cruise!

No one yet has stayed on Magic, since its still being built, but Iv heard that comment about Dream balconys, because they are over the hot tubs that stick out.

The cove balconys have so far been a lot more popular that are lower and closer to the water, and a lot more private.

So we have just booked a 9 day Mediterranean cruise aboard the Carnival Magic. We are on deck 6 in a balcony and wondered if anyone has stayed on this deck before and had any trouble. I read somewhere that deck 6 would be a bit noisy but I just want to know if it is really ridiculous, or just some noise here and there. Thank you so much! I look forward to my cruise!

Wouldnt it be rather hard to have an opinion on a ship that has not sailed yet?? Have a fantastic cruise and we hope to read all about it when you return!! :)

Just as on the Dream the Deck Six (Upper Deck) cabins overlook the Lanai and hot tubs that are there. I've not hear any real complaints about noise but there is a bit of a privacy issue.

You can see in this picture that the Upper Deck balcony cabins are pretty easy to see from Deck 5, the Promenade, directly below:

Dream101.jpg

:)

Yes I understand it hasn't been built yet....but I just thought maybe someone on this board has sailed on the dream...which happens to be the (almost) carbon copy. So let me clarify:if anyone has sailed on the carnival dream and has had a balcony on deck 6. Was it noisy? and things like that. Thank you so much!

and one more quick question. Should we switch to a cove balcony? They sound really cool! Can you still sit our side on the balcony and enjoy the evening? or is it too cold or something? Is the view still good? Sorry for all my questions and my ignorance. Thank you.

I haven't stayed on Deck 6, but wouldn't think there would be a better chance for noise there than any other regular balcony. If on the smoking side of Lanai (guestimating Port - at least on Dream), and near the primary smoking area, you might notice some extra smoke.

The view is what most people comment on.

Some examples

P1050603.JPG

P1050606.JPG

If overlooking a hot tub

P1050612.JPG

P1050617.JPG

P1050620.JPG

Those are some good view pics showing from Deck 6, haven't seen any from that view. We booked a balcony on the Magic, deck 8 & away from the hot tub areas, just to be kind of safe, hopefully it will end up being a good choice. :)

Yeah well we just can decide! We don't mind have the walkway below us as it won't be that much of a nuisance. And it seem to us that with the cove you are kinda "boxed" in there. We just like to feel open and free. If anyone else has been in a balcony on deck 6 on the dream please tell me what you though. Thank you!

Yeah well we just can decide! We don't mind have the walkway below us as it won't be that much of a nuisance. And it seem to us that with the cove you are kinda "boxed" in there. We just like to feel open and free. If anyone else has been in a balcony on deck 6 on the dream please tell me what you though. Thank you!

That's why we didn't go with a cove balcony. Seems boxed in like to DH & I too & I didn't want to feel claustophobic (sp?) since I can feel that way sometimes.

That's why we didn't go with a cove balcony. Seems boxed in like to DH & I too & I didn't want to feel claustophobic (sp?) since I can feel that way sometimes.

It was my experience that the view from the Cove balcony was actually better than from a standard balcony...

:)

and one more quick question. Should we switch to a cove balcony? They sound really cool! Can you still sit our side on the balcony and enjoy the evening? or is it too cold or something? Is the view still good? Sorry for all my questions and my ignorance. Thank you.

Go for the cove balcony, it was the primary highlight of our cruise on The Dream.

We were on the dream last summer....Have some friends who did the Cove and they all say thats the only thing they want from now on..the Cove! I think we will do the same next time when we have that option!! Have a wonderful time!

Archived