Need help with Sheraton/Westin Miami and transportaion from Ft. Lauderdale

avp1234

Flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Fri., Feb. 24th, arriving around midnight, and leaving out of Miami on Feb. 26th. We have never been to Miami so we wanted to do a pre-cruise visit. We love beaches, but South Beach looks to be beyond our budget. We have Sheraton/Westin points but the Sheraton Miami Beach gets bad reviews. Any info on area hotels of this brand? Also, arriving at midnight on Thur., need help on suggestions to Miami. I know that a taxi will be expensive, so...looking for ideas. I really would like to see Miami/South Beach, and i've read tons of threads on this, but I'm still confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Fri., Feb. 24th, arriving around midnight, and leaving out of Miami on Feb. 26th. We have never been to Miami so we wanted to do a pre-cruise visit. We love beaches, but South Beach looks to be beyond our budget. We have Sheraton/Westin points but the Sheraton Miami Beach gets bad reviews. Any info on area hotels of this brand? Also, arriving at midnight on Thur., need help on suggestions to Miami. I know that a taxi will be expensive, so...looking for ideas. I really would like to see Miami/South Beach, and i've read tons of threads on this, but I'm still confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have enough points for the W Hotel South Beach? Fantastic hotel, just an amazing property! Excellent location.

The Westin Collonnade is in Coral Gables and is a beautiful property but a long way from the beach.

The Four Points is not in my favorite part of Miami Beach (Mid Beach) but it is a short cab ride from South Beach.

Arriving at midnight, I'd just find an airport hotel that is clean and offers a free shuttle and head for some sleep - trying to get to Miami Beach at that hour will likely require a taxi and a $100 fare. :eek:

The next morning you can check out and head for south beach, or stay in the FLL area and rent a car to explore south FLA. Good luck! :)

Wow, at $100 to and from Miami, we will probably rent a car. Arriving that late, I think we will stay in Ft. Lauderdale and drive to Miami the next morning. I may have enough points for the Westin Southbeach, but I would have to use them all. Thanks for the info.

Wow, at $100 to and from Miami, we will probably rent a car. Arriving that late, I think we will stay in Ft. Lauderdale and drive to Miami the next morning. I may have enough points for the Westin Southbeach, but I would have to use them all. Thanks for the info.

There is no Westin South Beach. There is a Westin Coral Gables and The W Hotel in South Beach.

Archived