Golden Secrets?

llarosa

I've been on the golden 3 times... it's a wonderful ship and yes, the younger crowd can enjoy the skywalker during the day.. it's only at night when the bar is running that kids are not allowed (which is dunb since the bars are open all day around the pools).

But as far as little secrets on the golden....I think part of the fun of a cruise is exploring the ship and discovering all these neat places. It's all so new and fresh. There is a neat out of the way bar by the theater that will remember your name when you go in for a quick drink, or the solitude of the aft jacuzzi's at sunset while most are getting ready for dinner. During a rainstorm a couple cruises ago, my daughter and I were able to walk all around the ship, including in the very front... when we went back to show the rest of the family, it was closed off....but there is so many neat things to see.... so just explore and feel like a little kid again!!

Anyone recall if the Golden and Grand cabin TV's have front AV inputs? Been on both but can't recall .......

We were in a mini-suite on the Golden and couldn't find any jacks to plug our camera in. (And there is two T.V.'s)

• 2 months later...

I'm booked on the Golden next month, so I'll have to keep up my marathon training while onboard, including a 16 miler on 10/23. Does anyone know the size of the jogging track? I'd heard it might be so small that it takes 5 laps for a mile. It that's the case, I might have to stick to the treadmill.

Thanks, Teri

I think that it is 20 laps/mi. It does not go around the whole ship just the sports deck. Treadmill may be the way to go as it is somewhat hard to keep a steady pace w/joggers, walkers, & people just hanging out in that space.

Good luck. Meg

No, Meg, I just got off the Golden and it's 10 laps to the mile. 20 to the mile would only be 88 yards per lap! 10 is small enough! I regularly walked the Promenade deck (deck 7) which I estimated to be 4/10 of a mile although it requires going up and down a flight of stairs to and from Deck 8 on each lap.

Bruce

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to sign up for treadmills as soon as I board on Saturday. My schedule for that week includes Sat 8 miles, Sun 16, Mon XT, Tue 4, Wed 8, Thu 4, and Fri off. I walk/run my marathons, so my 16 miles could be almost 4 hours. Hopefully my GPS will work onboard as I do my loops on the small jogging track - I'd hate to lose count! FYI, I'm doing Goofy's Challenge at DisneyWorld in January - doing both the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Saturday and the Full Marathon (26.2 miles) on Sunday. We get a Donald Duck Medal for the Half, a Mickey Mouse for the Full, and a new Goofy Medal for being Goofy enough to do both in the same weekend. I really need to stick to my training schedule to do that! Teri

Archived