Sail the Grand Voyage South America/Antartica with Kween Karen!!

Kween Karen

Welcome home, Karen! Happy to hear you were there for such an important milestone for Max. I'll second what Ricki said just above. We're all pulling for Max, and thinking of his mom and dad and you.

As long as you are taking questions: What program do you use to create your wonderful blogs? Do you email the pdf file to your site or upload it direct from your computer? How fast (or slow) is the upload?

I use Microsoft Publisher to create my blog pages. Next I save them as .pdf files. Finally I use an FTP program (Core FTP Lite) to transfer the files directly to my website. The speed of transfer depends, of course, on the size of the files. This time I reduced the pictures quite a bit before saving them as .pdf files. This made the pictures of less quality for your viewing......but it greatly increased the speed of upload. My uploads seems to go pretty fast this time. I bought 1000 minutes and left the ship with 200 minutes remaining.....AND I used a LOT of minutes keeping in touch with my daughter and getting pictures of the babies from her. I was online for emailing her about 6 to 8 times a day.

I hope that answers some of your questions. I am happy to try to answer questions.

Karen

Karen,

So happy for you that you were there for Max and Mom's big day. Your blogs are fantastic and I thank you for taking the time to post when there was so much going on in the real world. I also think it was a wonderful idea to take your Mom along. I hope someone will be able to do that for me someday, hopefully in the far distant future. :D Welcome home!

• 3 weeks later...

Karen, thanks so much for the updates on that wonderful grandson of yours. I'm so pleased that he is gaining weight. These pictures of him are a treasure.

Your cruise blogs are a blessing to we who are not able, at this time anyway, to go on those adventures. Your taking the time to post your daily blogs with such skill is greatly appreciated.

Hooray for Max! He'll continue to be on my prayer list.

Next I save them as .pdf files.

How do you do save them as pdf files - I can't directly from Publisher - is there an intermediate step?

And I want to join in with all the others thanking you for taking us along on your journey (both of them, as it turns out - SA and Max!). My favorite piece of trivia from your blog: penguin poop is pink (or at least the snow is!).

How do you do save them as pdf files - I can't directly from Publisher - is there an intermediate step?

And I want to join in with all the others thanking you for taking us along on your journey (both of them, as it turns out - SA and Max!). My favorite piece of trivia from your blog: penguin poop is pink (or at least the snow is!).

There is a function in Publisher.....when you save your file there is an option to "save as a .pdf file"......just look more carefully.

• 3 weeks later...

Karen, while we enjoyed your South American blog - and all the hard work you put into it.

I have been waiting to hear your opinions of the ship and ports as we are going next year.

Thanks so much,M.A.

Archived