Best hotels for a beach day - Western Caribbean?

Boiler Fan

We are on the Eclipse in February for a western caribbean sail. We'd like to do a beach day at one of the big hotels in one of the ports - I'm pretty sure for a fee some of the hotels will let you use their beach and facilities. Can anyone tell me which ports have this available and which are the best and closest to the port? The ports are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roatan. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

We are on the Eclipse in February for a western caribbean sail. We'd like to do a beach day at one of the big hotels in one of the ports - I'm pretty sure for a fee some of the hotels will let you use their beach and facilities. Can anyone tell me which ports have this available and which are the best and closest to the port? The ports are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roatan. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Boiler Fan,

Of the four ports of call I would expect that you have a good chance of using a hotel's beach in Grand Caymen and Roatan. I would search the Grand Caymen and Roatan ports of call forum to see if you can find any more specific information.

Have you considered using a day resort instead? Cozumel and Costa Maya have awesome day beaches which operate as an all inclusive day resort. Nachi Cocom is one in Cozumel which is very popular and offers food, drink, and a beautiful beach to enjoy. The bathrooms and ammenities are also very clean. Maya Chan is a well regarded day resort in Costa Maya with food, drinks, activites, and a beutiful setting to offer. We've been to both in the last year and would highly recommend either one. I believe the price is $49 per person for Nachi Cocom and $75 pp for Maya Chan (I think). You have to take a taxi to Nachi Cocom from the pier, but it's a short 15 minute ride and costs $15 for 2 if splitting a cab. Otherwise, I think it was $20 for 2 (somebody please correct me if my memory is off). The price for Maya Chan includes transportation to and from the pier. The ride is approximately 30 minutes and you follow a very underdeveloped route that may be unappealing to some. You can find a ton of info on both Nachi Cocom and Maya Chan in their respective port of call threads, as well as on Tripadvisor.

Which sailing are you on in February? My wife and I are on the 19th Western Carib and will be doing Nachi Cocom when in Coz. If you are on the Feb 19th sailing, come and check our roll call out. Just click on "go to the Celebrity Roll Call Forum" link; select Eclipse; and find our sailing.

Interesting article. Some of those sites look to offer very good deals, while others seem to be ok. The El Cid in Cozumel looks kind of cool. I may research that further, and if the snorkleing is good from their beach may even do.

We sailed on the Solstice in July 2010. We visited the Marriott in Grand Cayman for the day. The cost was $12 per person. That included towels and chairs. The taxi was only $5 each way, Actually, the hotel was so close that we were actually looking at the ship while we were on the beach.

Thanks to everyone for the good ideas. I think we will try the Marriott in Grand Cayman and Maya Chan in Costa Maya. We are on the Feb. 5 sailing of the Eclipse. Can't wait!

Ah, we missed you by two weeks. Have a great cruise, and enjoy the Marriott and Costa Maya. I would definately do the glass bottom kayak to the coral reef, and one of my favortie things at MC was having them cut down a fresh coconut, and cut it open for my enjoyment.

If you remeber, pop into our roll call post cruise and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise.

I can also recommend Nachi Cocum ($49 +$15 taxi for 4 each way) in Cozumel and Maya Chan ($49, free transportation) in Costa Maya. Both of these resorts were great and the service was fantastic. Nachi Cocum has a pool and hot tub and a nice beach area where the servers will come back and forth and bring your drinks. Nachi limits it's guests to 100 per day so it does not get too crowded. Maya Chan also limits it's guests to 40 per day, but doesn't have a pool. Massages are cheap here at $40 per hour.

Archived