Question re: Captain's Table reservations?

RN2BDFW

Hi all. I am new to this forum, but not to cruising. My husband and I booked a couple of days ago to sail on the Elation on 01/10/11 (next week). This ship does not have a steakhouse, which is something we have enjoyed in the past. I have seen mention of a captain's table reservation on this site and I am wondering how one obtains this and if we are too late to get it? There isn't any real mention on the Carnival site. TIA!

Hi all. I am new to this forum, but not to cruising. My husband and I booked a couple of days ago to sail on the Elation on 01/10/11 (next week). This ship does not have a steakhouse, which is something we have enjoyed in the past. I have seen mention of a captain's table reservation on this site and I am wondering how one obtains this and if we are too late to get it? There isn't any real mention on the Carnival site. TIA!

Do not have Captains Table. They do have Chefs Table. You can make reservation on John Healds Blog, or as soon as you board ship. Only 12 spots available.

I highly recommend the Chef's table. It is an amazing experience. We did this on our cruise in October and will try to include it in all future cruises.

As the previous commenter stated, there are only 12 seats available so I would send in a reservation request to John through his blog asap.

It is $75/pp but you get a 3 - 4 course h'orderves and champagne reception and then a 7 course dinner with unlimited red/white wine.

Enjoy!

In looking into it further, it looks like the chef's table is not an option on the Elation, which also doesn't have a steakhouse. A bit disappointing, but we'll still make the most of it. I am still just floored DH was spontaneous enough to book a cruise 10 days away (at the time) that also requires a bit of a drive to get to the port!

In looking into it further, it looks like the chef's table is not an option on the Elation, which also doesn't have a steakhouse. A bit disappointing, but we'll still make the most of it. I am still just floored DH was spontaneous enough to book a cruise 10 days away (at the time) that also requires a bit of a drive to get to the port!

Yes, I am pretty sure the Elation has the Chef's table. I saw it during our cruise in November.

Email HostMach. He may be able to help you, unless its too close to the cruise.

HostMach@cruisecritic.com

Enjoy your cruise! Definitely look into the Chef's table on your next cruise. You'll love it.

The Chef's Table is available on all Carnival ships. As was mentioned, the limit on the number of diners is 12.

It's VERY close to your sailing date so it's a bit unlikely that contacting John via the blog will work. If you will email me I might be able to help. My address is in my signature below...

:)

I hope y'all are able to get spots...we did this Christmas week on Triumph, and it was a marvelous experience...highly recommended and well worth the price, as others have noted...if you aren't able to get confirmed reservations in advance, I suggest you see the maitre d' as soon as possible after you board...have a fun cruise!

Archived