All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

We're sailing on the pride in 72 days! Just wondering if anyone who has sailed recently can tell me if they do any Dr. Seuss related activities yet in Camp Carnival. I know the full roll out has not taken place, but just wondering if they do any Dr. Seuss story times, crafts or movies or anything like that. My kids are 3 and 5 and really enjoy Dr Seuss' stories. Also if any recent (2014) cruisers have copies of the Camp Carnival Capers I'd LOVE to see some new ones! The most recent ones I could find were from May 2013. Thanks!!!!! :D

We were just off the Pride and no there was no Dr Seuss activities yet. I will try to find the Camp Carnival schedule and scan it for you. I guess you are looking for the 3-5 yr old program. It was very similar to the previous years one. Not much change.

Carnival Pride Feb 9/14

Disney Fantasy Sept 28/13

Carnival Pride Feb 8/13

I've done some reading on the East Coast Departures board, looking for a hotel with cruise parking and shuttle.

Colonel Angus recommends Holiday Inn by the Stadiums booked through Stay123. 5 minutes from Inner Harbor and Port of Baltimore. Free shuttle to and from cruise port and local attractions. Free full hot breakfast. Free internet service.

Edited by Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus recommends Holiday Inn by the Stadiums booked through Stay123. 5 minutes from Inner Harbor and Port of Baltimore. Free shuttle to and from cruise port and local attractions. Free full hot breakfast. Free internet service.

Colonel Angus, I've heard so much about you. The pleasure is all mine.:p:rolleyes:

We were just off the Pride and no there was no Dr Seuss activities yet. I will try to find the Camp Carnival schedule and scan it for you. I guess you are looking for the 3-5 yr old program. It was very similar to the previous years one. Not much change.

Thank you, 3boys! I'd love to see the 2-5 yr old ones if you have them. Hope you had a great trip!!

Colonel - I appreciate the recommendation. I just booked this hotel for the night before my 4/27 cruise for $119 including a week of parking. Amazing deal

Colonel - I appreciate the recommendation. I just booked this hotel for the night before my 4/27 cruise for $119 including a week of parking. Amazing deal

Yeah, me too! The idea was to book at a hotel where I'd earn some points (hoping to have enough to get a free/discounted room in San Juan pre-cruise), but even if I don't earn points (and Stay123's website didn't say this was the case but I'm guessing I won't), it's so much cheaper than anything I was looking at.

I'd looked at a Hampton Inn and the AAA room rate was only about $95, but when I wanted the Cruise Parking package, it jumped to $169! This HIE is $109 plus tax for the package. Can't beat that!

Going to go post on the East Coast Departures board, just to share the info.

Oh, and I upgraded myself from a 4A to a 4K yesterday for $60, so what I just didn't spend on a hotel will cover the increased cabin cost. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm starting to 2nd-guess this. Comments on the East Coast Departures board weren't very complimentary - someone said they wouldn't leave their car there for a week as the area is pretty sketchy! :(

Overama - maybe you can report back about the hotel before you board the ship, since my night there will be the day before you return. If you think it's terrible, I'd have time to cancel and book elsewhere. Maybe!

Now I'm starting to 2nd-guess this. Comments on the East Coast Departures board weren't very complimentary - someone said they wouldn't leave their car there for a week as the area is pretty sketchy! :(

Overama - maybe you can report back about the hotel before you board the ship, since my night there will be the day before you return. If you think it's terrible, I'd have time to cancel and book elsewhere. Maybe!

I will do my best to provide an update once we are at the hotel. I still feel pretty confident

We left our car at the sleep inn and I wasn't worried at all. Free shuttle to port and free parking you can't beat it.

Funny, when I was researching that hotel, I didn't get a real good vibe from what I was reading. I am sure most are safe

Any info on the Best Western Conference Center?

I had to book there because we needed a rollaway and the HIE could accommodate. I booked at the BWI; 2 queen beds and a sofa couch....more expensive, but I got what I needed

The one downside to the downtown Baltimore hotels is what kind of parking they have. Some have valet only garage parking (good); others, like what I believe the HIE downtown has, are back alley open parking lots (not so good). How well or often they're monitored is a good question. Because this hotel is in downtown Baltimore, the risk is probably higher that someone would have access/opportunity to your car than they would at a hotel near the airport, which is in the suburbs and not in a high, random, foot traffic area.

Also, if you're not familiar with Baltimore, it's much easier to find the BWI hotels than it is to figure out downtown Baltimore. I've been driving in and around Baltimore City on a fairly frequent basis for 10+ years and it still takes me forever to find new places (especially in the dark).

We used to stay at the Tremont Plaza Hotel downtown, which I think is now an Embassy Suites, and I don't see a cruise package option. Tremont was fantastic..$30-$40 more than the BWI hotels, but nice suites, fantastic sit down breakfast included, and the quick shuttle ride to the port was private SUV...not shuttle bus cattle call, like I've heard horror stories of at the BWI hotels.

Thanks for your response!

We have reservations for the shuttle at BWI, the first shuttle. I am hoping it won't be too bad as they have now changed our boarding time and we will likely be sitting at the port for quite a while before we board :/

I apologize for semi-hijacking the thread. It should be (mostly) about the ship. The hotels and shuttles and stuff really should be on the East Coast Departures board, and I have done my reading over there.

I drive a little, cheapo VW. If someone is going to break into a car, it probably won't be mine. :p

I'll be arriving during the day, on a Saturday, so I shouldn't get too lost finding the hotel.

Still, I'm going back to the Stay123 website and see if I maybe can find something in the BWI area that isn't too much more expensive.

Discovered a Pride factoid during our long wait for debarkation today: there is one (and only one) bathroom on the Pride with a diaper changing table. On deck 2 aft in the Florentine lounge, go through the doorway marked Men's and enter the handicapped bathroom. There is no signage to indicate a changing area, but it's there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Two questions for those of you who have sailed the Pride, for us first timers!!

1) This is from the CC Review: "Spa Carnival, located all the way forward on Deck 9, comprises two levels, with a fully equipped, two-deck-high gymnasium surrounded by glass walls overlooking the bow; an interior hydrotherapy pool; an aerobics studio for classes and workouts (Pilates, yoga and individual instruction carry a slight extra charge); complimentary steam and sauna rooms for Pride guests; and locker rooms and showers." Now how does the "hydrotherapy" pool differ from the thallosotheraphy pool on the Dream? And, is there an extra charge per week for access and limited access like on the Dream?

2) We have done the Chef's Table a couple of times. Totally!! enjoyed it when done in the Library setting. Not so much in the kitchen. The kitchen was hot, hot, hot, and loud, loud, loud, loud. Not fun. Can anyone tell me where the Chef's Table is held on the Pride?

Thanks so much for any info!!

Edited by gamma5