Lobster In Murano.

bluewhite

I believe it is rock lobster also and what I had with the surf and turf, the lobster was tough as a rock. I should have known better. Been on several cruises and have had a lot of great food but never had any good lobster.

Linda

We dined in Muranos three nights. The lobster that's offered as a separate entree is available broiled, Thermidore and steamed. The tail is very large and it's not rock lobster, but Maine (I asked). The surf and turf lobster is smaller than the tail from the main course entree, but that's smart because you cannot possible eat a regular size tail and the large filet mignon. BTW, my friend had the surf and turf and said the lobster was sweet, tender and wonderful. He also had the lobster as the entree, ordered broiled, and loved that also. I had the thermidore and it was fantastic.

We dined in Muranos three nights. The lobster that's offered as a separate entree is available broiled, Thermidore and steamed. The tail is very large and it's not rock lobster, but Maine (I asked). The surf and turf lobster is smaller than the tail from the main course entree, but that's smart because you cannot possible eat a regular size tail and the large filet mignon. BTW, my friend had the surf and turf and said the lobster was sweet, tender and wonderful. He also had the lobster as the entree, ordered broiled, and loved that also. I had the thermidore and it was fantastic.

That is the first I have heard of them having Maine lobster (aside from in the Bisque). Even the menu on Celebrity's website says warm water rock lobster: http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000H0uIObVizZuV03k0CFsvP43:12hdbcuh7?ProductCode=MURADINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=CN

It also specified this on the menu on Equinox. I wonder if that was something unique on your sailing that they got Maine lobster aboard. Hopefully that becomes commonplace as IMHO Maine lobster is much better than rock lobster.

That is the first I have heard of them having Maine lobster (aside from in the Bisque). Even the menu on Celebrity's website says warm water rock lobster: http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000H0uIObVizZuV03k0CFsvP43:12hdbcuh7?ProductCode=MURADINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=CN

It also specified this on the menu on Equinox. I wonder if that was something unique on your sailing that they got Maine lobster aboard. Hopefully that becomes commonplace as IMHO Maine lobster is much better than rock lobster.

Our server said it was Maine, so that's all I can go by. I don't remember what the menu said, sorry about that.

We ate at Murano twice on our recent Century sailing. I had the smaller Lobster tail both times with my Filet. One of the times it was with the Surf & Turf. It was tender & sweet and tasty both times. The other time, I ordered a Filet that they had on special that night that did not come with a Lobster Tail. But when I told my server I was leaning toward the Surf & Turf instead of the special because of wanting the Lobster, he told me he'd be happy to add a Lobster Tail to my steak special. He also offered to add a Lobster Tail to my husband's Lamb entree if he'd liked or to any other selection on the menu if we decided on anything else. So they're pretty flexible with their yummy Lobster tails too. One of the things they did that I preferred done differently was that they wanted to spoon drawn butter onto my Lobster for me after they took it out of the shell. But I prefer to dip it as I go and not have the butter on my plate. So I asked for a ramiken of drawn butter and they were more than happy to oblige.

Archived