Store near Fairbanks Princess Lodge?

Regan

Does anyone know if there is a store, within walking distance of the Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge, that sells mouthwash, toothpaste, munchies, etc? We would rather buy this stuff when we arrive in Fairbanks and not have to pack it. We will not have a rental car. Thanks for any info.

You can call the hotel and ask them if there is something really close. I am somewhat crazed about the diet drinks I like, so I had the cab stop on the way to the hotel from the airport. There is a Walmart on one road and a Meier's on the other. While in Fairbanks, we used the "Airport" van service (I think that's the name) and they were very reasonable. They had a flat rate, and we used them to go to a restaurant that was way out and the cost was therefore very reasonable. The hotel will know the name of the van service, and they have brochures all over too.

It is Fred Meyer in Fairbanks not Meier's as in Michigan and elsewhere. Also, I think they have a delivery service. It is intended more to deliver food, etc., to remote places in Alaska, but they might work out a delivery to a hotel.

Both the Fred Meyer store and Safeway are about a mile from the Princess. They may have van service to downtown, the University, etc. but it varies from year to year. If they do have a shuttle you might get them to drop you off at Fred's. Otherwise it's a pleasant walk along a the river on a quiet road. If you load up on stuff, you can take a taxi back to the Princess.

Archived