Never been on Silversea....

Pipkins

Hello - We have never been on Silversea and are considering the Tokyo to China tour for 12 days on the Shadow departing the 23rd September. We plan to book the first grade of veranda - our usual cruise line is Seabourn, including the new larger Sojourn. Previously we have been on Crystal, but that was not so much to our taste. It is the itinerary offered in September that is tempting us to jump ships....

We are British, late fifties, active and like doing our own thing. We look for very high standards of housekeeping, food that is at least good, and if possible a decent dance floor, which is sadly lacking, even on the new Sojourn. Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

We love the Shadow. Having traveled on the Spirit and Cloud, I still think our favorite is the Shadow (and I hope Whisper which we will take later this month). We enjoy dancing. The dance floors in the main bar and in the Panorama lounge are adequate given the number of dancers. We have also enjoyed dancing after the deck barbecue at the pool deck. Hope you enjoy the Shadow.

The Shadow is a lovely ship, and the itinerary you've selected sounds incredible.

If you're curious, I have a photo-tour of the Silver Shadow on my site below:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/2010/06/focus-onsilver-shadow-part-i.html

Thank you for referring us to your wonderful report and photographs of Silver Shadow - this is just the information we hoped to get, thank you.

Hello - We have never been on Silversea and are considering the Tokyo to China tour for 12 days on the Shadow departing the 23rd September. We plan to book the first grade of veranda - our usual cruise line is Seabourn, including the new larger Sojourn. Previously we have been on Crystal, but that was not so much to our taste. It is the itinerary offered in September that is tempting us to jump ships.... We are British, late fifties, active and like doing our own thing. We look for very high standards of housekeeping, food that is at least good, and if possible a decent dance floor, which is sadly lacking, even on the new Sojourn. Any tips and advice would be appreciated. Thank you

We have not been on the Shadow, but we were first-timers to Silversea until our July 1, 2010 cruise along the Norway Coast. There were several great couples and people from the UK on our cruise and we enjoyed it greatly. Don't know that the dance floor is great on Silversea, but we found the food and housekeeping to be excellent. You can see lots more details and many pictures for the various options, dining delights, services, etc., from Silversea by checking out below my postings as we did this cruise. We have previously done cruises on Seabourn and Crystal. Our SS experience was very, very impressive.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,925 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived