Feb. 19 Cruise -- Only a few rooms left

newyorkccruiser

Hey all,

New to the forums. My new wife and I are looking to honeymoon on the PG. Per the PG website, the only rooms left for the Feb. 19, 2011 cruise are a handful of window (class E) rooms and the owner's suite (out of our budget).

1) Are there any other places to check for availability for a balcony room? For example, do any TA or websites purchase or hold balcony rooms, or is what you see on the PG website the only options available? Do we actually need a balcony room to enjoy the amazing views or will we spend so little time in our room that its not worth the price anyway?

2) Should I be concerned that this cruise is so full? I believe I have read on here that several of the cruises go at 50-70% capacity. Our main concern would be availability of scuba dives, excursions, chairs by the pool, etc,. Let me know if there are other things we should be concerned about. Would a summer cruise be less crowded and better in that respect?

Any thoughts, comments or things we should know would be appreciated.

You wont miss a balcony on this cruise. The deck 4 rooms are just fine.

The ship carries such a few passengers that it has never seemed crowded to me.

Because it is your first trip to FP you will be out most of the time so chairs by the pool will be a non issue.

The E rooms are our usual choice. When I once did have a balcony, I rarely used it. I was either out on deck, or off the ship enjoying the water or the islands. When your balcony is on the sunny side of the ship, it's often too hot as well to sit out there. Shade is a valuable commodity in this locale.

Hope you do it, it's a wonderful way to spend a honeymoon.

Archived