Ncl cookies cakes pasteries

uncleboo

Hi all

i have a big sweet tooth

how are the cookies, and variety on the ship?

any special pasteries like chocolate filled croisants?

also how is there ice cream?

do they have soft serve?

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been on three NCL ships. On all three, I found the best cheesecake/key lime pie. It was called key lime pie, but was creamy like a cheesecake. Delicious!!! Wondering if they still serve it on their ships. I last sailed NCL in 1997.

• 1 month later...

:) Yes! They have soft serve and a full Ice cream bar. on all there ships.

The Ice Cream is located near the kids area on most of there boats so you will have to look for it.

Hi all

i have a big sweet tooth

how are the cookies, and variety on the ship?

any special pasteries like chocolate filled croisants?

also how is there ice cream?

do they have soft serve?

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...

I've only been on 1 NCL ship and it was late 2009. I did not care much for their cookies and their desserts were awful. I never saw any cake at the MDR or on the buffet except pound cake now and then. It was always some mousse or pudding concoction or some form of cheesecake. They were always drizzled with some type of raspberry stuff. Yuck!!! Did not make it to the chocolate buffet so there may have been other types of desserts available there.

They did make good pastries at breakfast and breads at dinner though.

Dessert ( cakes and cookies) are questionable in the buffet on NCL, they all seem to taste pretty much the same. They make an excellent apple bread pudding with a creme anglaise sauce and I love the coconut souffle. Where they excel is the breads and breakfast pastries. I always gain weight from eating too many pieces of French Bread and butter and croissants. Then I start on the cinnamon rolls..so sad to eat so much without even realizing it ;)

Where they excel is the breads and breakfast pastries. I always gain weight from eating too many pieces of French Bread and butter and croissants.

This excites me greatly. A good pain au chocolat makes the day better. Where can you find the good French bread and butter - the buffet, the MDR, or only at the French bistro? And for what meals?

This excites me greatly. A good pain au chocolat makes the day better. Where can you find the good French bread and butter - the buffet, the MDR, or only at the French bistro? And for what meals?

The french bread is always available at the buffet and sometimes in the MDR. One night my husband requested in the MDR and the waiter went to the bakeshop and brought back almost a whole loaf. The pain au chocolat are only available in the breakfast buffet as far as I remember. People rave about the Pretzel rolls too, but for some reason I wasn't thrilled by them. At breakfast in the MDR they put the bread basket on the table with your coffee while you wait for your fruit and then your entree. I mindlessly eat the croissants ( they are small after all) and then maybe a cinnamon roll or cinnamon Danish. My hubbie devours whatever muffins are in the basket. Sad, I don't even eat breakfast at home :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were only on the Sun so I can only say what they had. My dd's friend tried eating every chocolate chip cookie aboard so I would say they were pretty good. My dd had to go get the soft serve ice cream every afternoon so yes that was good. I liked the banana bread myself. My dh ate almost everything sweet but didn't like their carrot cake. And I also liked their chocolate crossiants. 2 bad things about them tho, one was I didn't see them until 2 days before the end of the cruise. And the other was I'm diabetic so I could only eat about 1/2 of one. :(

Archived