Lactaid Milk

redsox9904

I do not know if the ship has Lactaid Milk but did you know they make lactaid pills (same company) you can by in the grocery store/drug store. You take one when you eat/drink something with milk in it. According to my doctors (should always check with yours) it is perfectly safe and can take as many as you want in a day. I take one if it's just something I think has milk (like yogurt, muffin, etc.). If I take a chance and eat something really creamy (fettucine alfredo, ice cream, etc.) I will take two.

Good Luck! and have a great cruise.

Does anyone know if the Pearl has Lactaid Milk?

If you need it call the Special Services Dept & ask them to have it onboard for you

I think you have to let them know of special dietary needs 60 days prior to your cruise

I found the Lactaid Pills a few years ago and have gotten more and more adverturous with them. I've found that I can eat almost anything I want as long as I take the pills. They remain in you stomach for about 25 minutes, so you may have to take several for a meal.

I do not know if the ship has Lactaid Milk but did you know they make lactaid pills (same company) you can by in the grocery store/drug store. You take one when you eat/drink something with milk in it. According to my doctors (should always check with yours) it is perfectly safe and can take as many as you want in a day. I take one if it's just something I think has milk (like yogurt, muffin, etc.). If I take a chance and eat something really creamy (fettucine alfredo, ice cream, etc.) I will take two.

Good Luck! and have a great cruise.

There is now a pill called Digestive Advantage that you can purchase at any drug store or Walmart and you only need to take 1 pill a day (2 the first 2 days so your system can get used to the enzyme) and then you don't have to worry about being out somewhere without pills.:)

Thanks for all the great information. We do use the Lactaid pills, but I just thought I would throw the question out there. I might try that Digestive Advantage. It sounds like a better option then making sure I have the pills always with me.

There is now a pill called Digestive Advantage that you can purchase at any drug store or Walmart and you only need to take 1 pill a day (2 the first 2 days so your system can get used to the enzyme) and then you don't have to worry about being out somewhere without pills.:)

I asked our pharmacist about these and was told that they don't work well if you have a bad problem with milk. She said they are more for prople who have a slight problem, but didn't recommend them if you have big issues.

I have sailed on NCL, RCI and CCL and called their Special Needs Departments before my cruises to let them know I was Lactaid Intolerant and each cruise line made sure that my needs were taken care of. Just call them prior to your cruise and you will be taken care of too.

They don't work all day for everybody, only about 6-8 hours for me. Instead, I use the 25 mg tablets from Sprouts (LifeTime brand). I take 1-3 a couple of minutes before eating dairy products.

Archived