El Yunque tour ? Recommendations

cruisingforsix

Hi last jan we had arranged a private tour of the rain forest but it was cancaslled due to torrential downpours for several days . we are going again but i can't find the guys name that was going to take us. does anybody have any recommedations or is this something we could do on our own by just having a taxi take us there?

Try contacting Albert at surfcabs@yahoo.com. He formed a small group for us that included the rain forest and it was an excellent four-hour tour. It included a short hike (about 20 minutes) to get a feel for the forest and stops at a waterfall and observation tower. He also stops at a roadside fritter 'shack' by a beautiful, secluded beach (no swimming) and takes you through parts of the old city, by the forts and either lets you off downtown or takes you back to the ship. He's a really nice guy who encourages you to take your time and doesn't rush you. It was $50/pp when we did this last winter and you pay at the end of the tour.

He was recommended on this board and we recommend him too.

Have fun!

Try contacting Albert at surfcabs@yahoo.com. He formed a small group for us that included the rain forest and it was an excellent four-hour tour. It included a short hike (about 20 minutes) to get a feel for the forest and stops at a waterfall and observation tower. He also stops at a roadside fritter 'shack' by a beautiful, secluded beach (no swimming) and takes you through parts of the old city, by the forts and either lets you off downtown or takes you back to the ship. He's a really nice guy who encourages you to take your time and doesn't rush you. It was $50/pp when we did this last winter and you pay at the end of the tour.

He was recommended on this board and we recommend him too.

Have fun!

Thank you , i think Albert is the gentleman we were supposed to go with last year but i couldn't remember it until you said it. Hopefully we won't get rained out this time.

Consider renting a car. It is not that expensive and you can go at your own pace. The drive is pretty easy

.That sounds like fun too. we could stop where and when we wanted to. Probably because we'd be lost most of the time. But it would be alot of fun getting there

We did it last March and it was easy. Maps were easy to follow and once you got out near the rain forest, there were plenty of signs to get you there. Ford Edge cost me about $70 for the day from National. Bringing my own GPS helped too...

• 3 weeks later...

If you'd like to do the bigger hike, Albert is happy to fit that in as well - my husband and I just got back from a private tour with him a week ago and it was wonderful. Really great guy and really flexible. He doesn't rush at all.

• 1 month later...

I am glad you had a good experience with Albert.....he left 6 of us stranded (including a 90 and 87 year old) after I confirmed via email. He was an hour early and took another group.

Appalling.

I was able to negotiate with another driver but so disappointed after making the arrangements and hearing how good he was,

Marianne

Archived