Hmmm, What to do in Roatan besides Beach??

ciship

Roatan has been developing as a primary diving venue and resorts set up for longer term visitors, ex-pats to vacation with the attraction beiing primarily the great beaches and reefs. If you're not into beaches, or zip lines, and don't want to sightsee the mangroves or scenic vistas, and don't like to shop at tourist-oriented stores in the port areas, not sure why you're cruising to Roatan, or the Caribbean in general. I think you're dismissing some of the nicest beaches and reefs in the Caribbean on Roatan. But we're not all beach people.

Roatan has been developing as a primary diving venue and resorts set up for longer term visitors, ex-pats to vacation with the attraction beiing primarily the great beaches and reefs. If you're not into beaches, or zip lines, and don't want to sightsee the mangroves or scenic vistas, and don't like to shop at tourist-oriented stores in the port areas, not sure why you're cruising to Roatan, or the Caribbean in general. I think you're dismissing some of the nicest beaches and reefs in the Caribbean on Roatan. But we're not all beach people.

Oh, I love beaches, but we had planned to do a whole beach day in Cozumel the day before. I will be ready for something else the next day in Roatan.

Yes, the Sante Spa is what we did. It is beautiful. You can book a treatment, but you get to spend the day there. They have a hot tub by the water, a cooling pool, beautiful porch and facilities, and serve a really inexpensive lunch. There is a beautiful palce by the water to do yoga or meditate. the place is not so much a spa as a total relaxation experience.

But the spa--well it is just perfect--and very inexpensive. The treatments are half what they are on the ship and generally a bit less than the spas in this area. But mainly soem fo the treatments are very different--and the owner is very well trained in the spa treatments.

Google the web site or go to one of the threads here--reading here last eyar is hwere I found out about Sante.

I have not been to Sante, but on a recent cruise we went to Spa Baan Suerte. It is also very beautiful with a pool and whirlpool. We had massages and treatments, a facial, etc.. It was a longer treatment and less expensive than the ship. Plus, they didn't try to sell you products afterward! We chose this instead of Suerte because our ship had only a short day there (left at 4:00 pm), and I understand that Sante takes longer to get to and back.

We went horse back riding through the rainforest and along the beach. Our driver picked us up from right outside the port (past the gate and over the hill) and drove us to the ranch. There were 4 of us. The tour was about 2.5 hours.

Shirkie was our tour guide and it was our favorite excursion on our trip. :)

After the horse back riding, our driver (we had her the WHOLE day for $20 a person..maybe a little steep, but it was nice not having to worry about taxis and what-not. We paid her at the end of the day when she dropped us back off) took us to a beach bar and we had drinks and ate the best lobster I've EVER had, EVER. Her husband even took the husbands off to look for little lizards and such.

The ranch for the horse back riding... http://www.barriodorcasranch.com/ Very much worth it. :) Hope you have fun!

Archived