Triumph Room Q (CAT 1A - Main Deck 2201/2202

DFW4

Looking at the deck plans, it seems these rooms look somewhat larger, but the triangle icon designates "Twin bed and single convertible sofa". So, two questions:

Are these rooms actually larger than "normal" category 1A rooms, and would this mean I'm stuck on the couch for a week rather than with my spouse?

Any one have photos of these rooms?

Thanks!!

Johnathon

Iv been in 2211 which Id suggest, because it has port holes. There is no such as a normal sized 1A as they are all different sizes. 1As are oddball sizes. The further upfront the more you will hear waves crashing.

The beds wouldnt move together, thats why they sell cheaper. The convertible sofa, the pillows just come off the back to be made into a bed. It is a little lower than a regular twin, so even if you push them together, one will be lower.

I was in 2211 also in January 2009 and when we got there the stewards had already pushed the bed and sofa together and it resembled a normal bed. I did not notice any real difference between it and two twin beds as in the regular rooms.

The porthole was a plus considering this was the cheapest room on the ship. :)

• 11 months later...

I know it's a little late but I stayed in 2201 last week. It is a noticeably larger cabin with no portholes. The wave noise is very noticeable, not just normal sloshing sounds either but crashes and bangs. I slept through it fine but I think most people would have problems. The layout is kind of interesting, if they added another TV it could almost be a mini suite. The sofa side could be walled off and a door added for two seperate rooms pretty easily.

It be great for two people to share as the sofa and bed are very far apart. I've stayed in 2211 on the same ship and they were very close together and cramped, in this cabin it'd be very comfortable other than the wave noises. I'll be booking further back next time.

Archived