have a question for the wine drinkers

trish4bruce

There's a Publix grocery about a mile down the road from the port. They have a decent selection of wines. Most Publix stores carry Kim Crawford wines from New Zealand. KC makes a nice Pinot Noir and good Sauvignan Blanc and Pinot Grigio and usually run under $15 per bottle. These have the screw tops so you don't have to worry about a corkscrew or trying to recork the top.

Since wines available in Florida vary due to which distributors have contracts to carry which wines, some of the smaller vineyards recommended here may not be available in Port Canaveral. Cape Canaveral Liquors near the port also caries a selection of wines and can help you chose something.

Can someone reccomend a bottle of white and a bottle of red we can buy at a liquor store in port canaveral. We are from Canada and I always have a hard time buying wine when I am in the states because there is such a different selection. For a red I normally would get a Cab, Merlot or Pinot Noir. White, I do not like really sweet although I do enjoy a gewürztraminer. Oh - and I am looking to pay up to about $15 a bottle. Any suggestions?

A coworker gave me an awesome bottle of wine for christmas. It is a white semi-sweet wine. Its Starling Castle Reisling. You won't regret it. ;)

I can't really help with the reds, as I am not a red wine drinker. I will, however on occasion, drink a blush and in that case, I'd recommend Beringer.

For a white wine, I have to recommend one of my favorites, its an Australian moscato type wine called Alice White Lexia. Its like an Italian moscato and sweet, if you like that type of wine. It's also reasonably priced at less than $10 for a bottle. For an italian moscato, I'd recommend Castello-del-Poggio, its a great brand at around $10 a bottle as well.

Can someone reccomend a bottle of white and a bottle of red we can buy at a liquor store in port canaveral . . .

Pinot Grigio is a good, dry white. you can never go wrong with Mondavi (any varital). Coppola has a good Pinot Grigio as well as Ecco Domani.

+1 on the Ecco Domani suggestion.

Although I personally prefer Santa Margherita, I place EC as a nice second choice, and it fits your desired/quoted price range.

Enjoy your cruise!!! :)

BottleShot-PinotGrigio2009.jpg

Coppola Pinot Grigio is an excellent dry white, and the ABC liquor stores in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach usually stock it.

Coppola has a good Pinot Grigio . . .

Well now . . . .

I've seen the Coppola brand wines on the store shelves multiple times, and never once considered them. I'm going to pick up a bottle this week based on the suggestions of both of you. Thanks for offering that info. :)

Archived