Westin Beach Resort

donutcop

I got the Westin Beach Resort on Hotwire for 2 days before our cruise in October. How is this hotel for location in regards to eating and shopping? Any good restaurant recommendations that might be walking distance? Also, I think I want to hit Sawgrass Mall. Is that very far from this hotel? Thanks :)

I got the Westin Beach Resort on Hotwire for 2 days before our cruise in October. How is this hotel for location in regards to eating and shopping? Any good restaurant recommendations that might be walking distance? Also, I think I want to hit Sawgrass Mall. Is that very far from this hotel? Thanks :)

Sorry I can't answer your questions but I do have a question for you.. was this the 4 star in Hollywood Beach:confused:

Did you book the Westin Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood or the Westin Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale? Both are quite far from Sawgrass Mills Mall. Fort Lauderdale is a little closer, about 40 minutes away. If you are staying in Fort Lauderdale, I recommend Casablanca Cafe, 2 blocks south and the Galleria Mall is about 1.5 miles away on the 40 bus route. There is a little shopping at Beach Place 6 blocks south including CVS and beach clothing stores.

We stayed there in October. Beach Place is within walking distance, about 3 blocks and there are some restaurants there: Chili's, Fat Tuesday, Hooters, Lulu's Bait Shop, etc. There is also a CVS and some small souvenir/clothing type stores. We found out after we checked out that the free trolley would have taken us to the mall. It goes right down A1A past the Westin. That might have been Galleria Mall though, instead of Sawgrass.

I have been looking on Hotwire for a Ft. Lauderdale hotel in the beach or downtown area. Have seen a couple of options. Can you tell me what the amanities were, what the price was per night and what dates you got it for?

Thanks for your help and enjoy your cruise.

Dave

Archived