Electrical points in Cabins on board Dream?

Travelled on the Destiny last year, but was very disappointed that there was no electrical point in the room. Cost me a fortune in hairdressers and laundry for ironing! Can anyone tell me if there is an electrical pont in the cabins on board the Dream. We've got a deck 5/6 outside plus cabin.

Travelled on the Destiny last year, but was very disappointed that there was no electrical point in the room. Cost me a fortune in hairdressers and laundry for ironing! Can anyone tell me if there is an electrical pont in the cabins on board the Dream. We've got a deck 5/6 outside plus cabin.

In the brochure it states:

'There are two types of electical sockets in the cabins -American style 110V AC, flat two pin and the 220V round pin European variety - so make sure you pack the right adaptors.'

We take the universal adaptors for both European and American sockets and I guess you will have picked up the tip about taking a 4-way adaptor to allow you to plug in multiple items at the same time from one socket.

There is a hairdryer supplied and travel irons are banned on Thomsons ships so you won't be taking one. Otherwise you could:

1 - set the ship alight and have to fork out £85 million :D

2 - have your iron confiscated :mad:

3 - be asked to leave the ship at the next port :eek:

Plenty of power sockets in my Destiny cabin. No 13amp UK types of course but you can get dual voltage curling tongs etc.

There is a hairdryer supplied and travel irons are banned on Thomsons ships so you won't be taking one. Otherwise you could:

1 - set the ship alight and have to fork out £85 million :D

2 - have your iron confiscated :mad:

3 - be asked to leave the ship at the next port :eek:

Plenty of power sockets in my Destiny cabin. No 13amp UK types of course but you can get dual voltage curling tongs etc.

By multiple items, Dave I refer to camera batteries, mp3 players and mobiles - all with low Voltage adaptors and hardly likely to set anything on fire! :eek:

I'm certainly certainly not going on holiday to iron! :D

Kruzseeka, wish I had your talent at packing!! It'll all have to be sent off with the stewards again, my clothes look like crinkly cheesecloth otherwise! At least I can use straighteners on this cruise and not look like something out of the hair bear bunch!

Kruzseeka, wish I had your talent at packing!! It'll all have to be sent off with the stewards again, my clothes look like crinkly cheesecloth otherwise! At least I can use straighteners on this cruise and not look like something out of the hair bear bunch!

A trick i have read several times on various forums is to run the shower hot to generate steam and hang the clothes in the bathroom. apparently the creases just fall out!

I am not a man and I would never ever in my entire life take an iron on holiday! It's bad enough ironing at home!!!! Holidays for me are totally not doing any housework ever! I would need a powerpoint for mobile, camera and maybe kindle if someone takes the hint! :)

Archived