CC superheros, help us again please...

cruiser4four

Hello again everyone,

I have been reading about El Cid resort in Cozumel. I've read that you can use their facilities for FREE if you listen to an hour long timeshare presentation.

My questions:

1) Have you sat through the timeshare presentation?

2) Did you get to use their facilities for FREE at the end of the presentation?

3) Aside from the presentation, was there any catch?

4) Were the facilities worth the hour you gave up?

Our original plan was to go to Paradise Beach, but if El Cid is better, we would go there. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.

I would do Nachi Cochum. About $50pp, includes all beverages, food, beautiful, Palapas with lounges, large pool with swim-up bar and large hot tub. Also limited to 100 people. Taxi is about $10pp. You must have reservations befor you get there.

Keith

Hello again everyone,

I have been reading about El Cid resort in Cozumel. I've read that you can use their facilities for FREE if you listen to an hour long timeshare presentation.

My questions:

1) Have you sat through the timeshare presentation?

2) Did you get to use their facilities for FREE at the end of the presentation?

3) Aside from the presentation, was there any catch?

4) Were the facilities worth the hour you gave up?

Our original plan was to go to Paradise Beach, but if El Cid is better, we would go there. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.

We went to the El Cid on a day pass a couple years ago (paid for the pass - no sales pitch). The facilities were ok, but I wouldn't say they were worth giving up an hour listening to a presentation. I would also not count on the presentation only lasting an hour. I sat through a "one hour" timeshare presentation in Cancun a few years back that dragged on for more than two hours.

I have never done the sales pitch in Coz. But I have done a TON of time share presentations in a lot of other places. They are NEVER an hour long:rolleyes:! More like 2-3 hours if you are lucky.

The El Cid in Mazatlan offer day passes for 35.oo per person. It is not all inclusive though. The El Cid in Coz. probably does the same thing.

When I was younger I listened to sales pitches a number of times for the free stuff.

Always make it difficult to leave without buying something that you really do not want and they know they only have one shot at you so at the end they bring out the big guns for the real high pressure..

Not going to do it again.

Archived