Pan AM Pier San Juan??

San10s

Can anyone tell me if the Security Checkpoint has been moved at the Pan Am pier? Do you now go through Security before you get to the Duty Free Shop? Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

It has always been at the far end of the first floor in the terminal and the Duty Free Shop has been across from the Check-In desks.

Thanks for any info you can provide. :D

Security still was after the duty free when we were last through there in late November.

If it has moved, it must be very recent and with the location of the check-in area, it would not seem logical to relocate security before check-in.

when I was there in december they had the scanners right at the entrance in the big area with the chairs prior to checking in. This was before checkin and before the duty free store. This was different than how they had it set up when I was there in april which had it after the check in.

Be aware that there were two security screening before each of the B2B Celebrity Summit cruises we came back from last month. There was a x-ray check of carry on bags and passengers had to go through a metal detector at the entrance of the terminal which was done by the port security. Then after checking in and having your seapass scanned and your photo taken when boarding the ship there was a second X-ray check of carry on bags by ship's security.

Yes, they were looking for alcohol and one security ship's officer even wanted us to check in our two bottles of wine until I advise him that Celebrity's policy allowed passengers to bring on that amount of wine at embarkation.

FYI the duty free store did have a limited selection of wine in addition to the alcohol being sold there.

Edit I forgot this was a Princess thread so the ship's security part probably does not apply. I believe that only a port security check was done when embarking on our last Princess cruise but that one was out of FLL last April.

Archived