Cockelshell Beach recent update

seashinesunshine

The massages were approximately $1 per minute by Reggae Beach bar. I would suspect that they would be higher priced down by Spice Mill because Spice Mill had a nicer area for the messages. In front of Reggae Beach Bar they used huge aloe leaves and used the fresh aloe.

Taxi is $26.00 one way for 1-4 people. The buses are $6.50 per person one way.

We arranged for our taxi driver to come back and pick us up.....and she did. She was wonderful. Her name was Doris. Here is a picture of her with my husband. She had the purple van next to them.

P.S. I'm also going to post some pictures of Cockelshell on a new post to help people see what they're getting at Cockelshell.

Wow $26 one way! :eek:

Kinda steep wouldn't you say?

Wonder what it would cost to head to S Friars? Half that? :confused:

Looking forward to your pics.

We had 6 people in our van/taxi. Two women who were dropped off at Frigate Bay...then we continued on to Cockelshell.....beautiful scenery!!!

That's great news!!! That's only $10/couple incl tip. I'll take it. Is there a way to set it up with them ahead of time or do we just have to look for a purple van? Thanks for all your help.

We walked off the ship and saw lines for taxis. Those lines (after asking someone in that line) were previously booked excursions. We walked a few steps past those lines to a woman standing at a podium (on the right hand side of the gates) and asked, how do we get a taxi.....she said right here.....how many people and where are you going. She said you'll be riding with Doris, Doris took us to her taxi and you know the rest.

No....it's $13.00 one way for a couple. The women going to Frigate Bay had to pay their own fare.

That's a big DUH for me. I thought of that later. You said 1-4 people, I just got ahead of myself. Thanks for snapping me back to reality and thanks for the info on getting the taxi!

The massages were approximately $1 per minute by Reggae Beach bar. I would suspect that they would be higher priced down by Spice Mill because Spice Mill had a nicer area for the messages. In front of Reggae Beach Bar they used huge aloe leaves and used the fresh aloe. They had me touch the aloe and rub it in my hands. It was really nice. I talked to a person who had it done and they said it was wonderful. I didn't want to take the time to have one done.

Taxi is $26.00 one way for 1-4 people. The buses are $6.50 per person one way.

We arranged for our taxi driver to come back and pick us up.....and she did. She was wonderful. Her name was Doris. Here is a picture of her with my husband. She had the purple van next to them.

P.S. I'm also going to post some pictures of Cockelshell on a new post to help people see what they're getting at Cockelshell.

Thanks for the info on the taxi rate and the massage price.

If you can get two couples per cab, then its very reasonable.

The massage rate is less that what we pay up here for a massage - $90.00 / hour. Might head that way and try out a beach massage. :)

My wife and I had a private snorkel tour reserved on Jan 18th but it was cancelled because not enought folks signed up. We wound up going to Cockelshell Beach based on the tour operator's recommendation. We like to snorkel and it was not very good at Cockelshell but we did enjoy the beach and bar. There were some shells at the waters edge but overall very nice. The cost of a massage depends on how much business they are getting. It was not very crowded the day we were there and the original asking price of $40 for a 1 hour aloe massage dropped to $20 later in day. It was a very good massage.

My wife and I had a private snorkel tour reserved on Jan 18th but it was cancelled because not enought folks signed up. We wound up going to Cockelshell Beach based on the tour operator's recommendation. We like to snorkel and it was not very good at Cockelshell but we did enjoy the beach and bar. There were some shells at the waters edge but overall very nice. The cost of a massage depends on how much business they are getting. It was not very crowded the day we were there and the original asking price of $40 for a 1 hour aloe massage dropped to $20 later in day. It was a very good massage.

Did you snorkel near the rocks at either end of the beach?

Are the massages out in the open on the beach or are they secluded somewhat or in a hut/building. I can't see me relaxing with people all around me. Thanks!

It's a good 20-25 minute ride (and the scenery is absolutely beautiful). We had no problems with traffic to or from Cockelshell.

Depending on when you go.....be careful......St. Kitts does NOT do day-light savings......so when it's 10:00 a.m. Florida time, it's 11:00 a.m. their time.

Archived