Avid Cruiser but first with son

CleoSushi

hello all!

My hubby and I are avid cruisers, we luv RCL, but this is the first time we cruise as mommy and daddy with our son. He will be 2 1/2 yrs when we take the cruise. Any advice on what best to do to make it a wonderful time for him. We are going to Aruba, St Kitts and Curacao. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :):o

Hi Cleo! The obvious things to bring are are pool/beach toys, snacks for the ports (they don't let you take fruit off or on the ship), and so many other ideas the moms here have already posted. My little ones always enjoyed the little things that we don't even think of.

- On board show him the ship signs by the elevators so he can always know which direction he's sailing.

- Take him to the far aft to show him the wake

- Go up to Viking Crown during the day for the awesome view. It's also usually pretty quiet for a little mommy time with him. :)

- Here's a crazy one - if you hit some rough water, lift the lid of the potty and show him the sloshing water. He won't see that at home lol

- Excursions such as glass bottom boats to see the sea life and beach trips that include lunch usually also have some shade

- Teach him, on the very first day, how to spot a crew member. (uniform, oval name tag, etc). It can be a fun game, but is useful info for him.

- Request a child's life preserver from your attendant.

- They have fun daily activities just for his age (Mom&Tots). Check the cruise compass.

If I think of more I'll add them. Have a great time!

DD went on her first cruise at that age. She had fun!! She LOVED the chocolates on the pillows at night. She would immediately run and grab everyone's the minute we walked in the room.

-Definately pack his favorite snacks!

- Bring his favorite "snuggly" or nightime comfort item.

-Bring disposable sippy cups. I would advise you to carry them in a zip-lock bag because they leak!

- I'm going to second the beach toys.

-Plenty of sunscreen.

- Take small figurines to dinner for him to play with.

-Go to the gift shop!! My DD used to love to visit all of the stuffed animals in the gift shop. The next to the last day we let her pick out her favorite for a special treat.

Hi Cleo! The obvious things to bring are are pool/beach toys, snacks for the ports (they don't let you take fruit off or on the ship), and so many other ideas the moms here have already posted. My little ones always enjoyed the little things that we don't even think of.

- On board show him the ship signs by the elevators so he can always know which direction he's sailing.

- Take him to the far aft to show him the wake

- Go up to Viking Crown during the day for the awesome view. It's also usually pretty quiet for a little mommy time with him. :)

- Here's a crazy one - if you hit some rough water, lift the lid of the potty and show him the sloshing water. He won't see that at home lol

- Excursions such as glass bottom boats to see the sea life and beach trips that include lunch usually also have some shade

- Teach him, on the very first day, how to spot a crew member. (uniform, oval name tag, etc). It can be a fun game, but is useful info for him.

- Request a child's life preserver from your attendant.

- They have fun daily activities just for his age (Mom&Tots). Check the cruise compass.

If I think of more I'll add them. Have a great time!

THIS IS AWESOME! Thanks so much. Very helpful tips!

DD went on her first cruise at that age. She had fun!! She LOVED the chocolates on the pillows at night. She would immediately run and grab everyone's the minute we walked in the room.

-Definately pack his favorite snacks!

- Bring his favorite "snuggly" or nightime comfort item.

-Bring disposable sippy cups. I would advise you to carry them in a zip-lock bag because they leak!

- I'm going to second the beach toys.

-Plenty of sunscreen.

- Take small figurines to dinner for him to play with.

-Go to the gift shop!! My DD used to love to visit all of the stuffed animals in the gift shop. The next to the last day we let her pick out her favorite for a special treat.

Thanks a bunch, this is very helpful. Since this is the first time cruising with a little one, i was really a bit ansy and nervous. This is great!

Thanks everyone once again.

We are going to try to get him potty train so he can use the pool. DH luvs the water and he is so giddy to get him potty trained so they can go crazy in the pool lol.

Hmmmm i wasn't aware he was too young for the kids club, that is good to know too. We will be cruising on RCCL in September so since he can't use the kids room ill bring extra fun toys to play with.

THANKS AGAIN!:D

Thanks everyone once again.

We are going to try to get him potty train so he can use the pool. DH luvs the water and he is so giddy to get him potty trained so they can go crazy in the pool lol.

Hmmmm i wasn't aware he was too young for the kids club, that is good to know too. We will be cruising on RCCL in September so since he can't use the kids room ill bring extra fun toys to play with.

THANKS AGAIN!:D

They do have periods during they day for the under 3 set - kind of a mommy and me situation where they can play with toys and other toddlers but with an adult with them. You can also "check out" bags of toys for him to play with like a library.

They do have periods during they day for the under 3 set - kind of a mommy and me situation where they can play with toys and other toddlers but with an adult with them. You can also "check out" bags of toys for him to play with like a library.

ooooh he would like that, thanks :o

Archived