Visa Gift Card

jilllofalltrades

I'm thinking of getting a $100 Visa gift card for each of my sons(13 and 18) and using it for their S&S card. They can use the same card to pick up a souvenir in port. Anybody see any negatives to this? I'd rather not attach them to my credit card and get a surprise at the end of the cruise.

You can not use a gift card for their sign and sail account. Why not wait and give them cash when they are checking in.

Carnival will not accept any type of gift card. In the past, I have used a prepaid debit card, but it had my name, an account number and an expiration date. Now, we use cash.

They can be attached to your credit card and have their sail and sign have a limit attached to it... they hit the limit they are done.

I do check in and I know we aren't allowed to take the gift cards that doesn't have a name on them and such either.

They probably did not realize they were not regular VISA cards, as they specifically exclude these from being allowed.

Maybe, but I had it in writing(email) that they accepted visa gift cards even without the printed name. No problems at check-in or when I added an extra gift card to the account while on the ship...

Archived