Celebrity Photos - post here

ReelG8r

Oh my! I'm not sure if I could handle walking around and taking all those pictures - you must have great sea legs. :) This may be a dumb question, but what is the significance of the green water waves? Is that just a sign of how terrible the waves actually were?

My 'best guess' is that the green water peeling off the bow represents not just your typical sea spray coming off the bow wave, but the bow plunging deeper into the oncoming wave and throwing up solid ocean water. The green tint that you see alongside the ship is more often than not seawater mixed with a lot of air bubbles from being churned by the combined wave and bow activity. And yes, the waves were pretty bad, a lot worse than they appear in the pictures. I shot these from approximately 600 feet back from the bow from my balcony on Deck 9. In the picture below you can see the bridge wing windows (way at the end of the railing), and the wave height for comparison.

Storm1.jpg

My 'best guess' is that the green water peeling off the bow represents not just your typical sea spray coming off the bow wave, but the bow plunging deeper into the oncoming wave and throwing up solid ocean water. The green tint that you see alongside the ship is more often than not seawater mixed with a lot of air bubbles from being churned by the combined wave and bow activity. And yes, the waves were pretty bad, a lot worse than they appear in the pictures. I shot these from approximately 600 feet back from the bow from my balcony on Deck 9. In the picture below you can see the bridge wing windows (way at the end of the railing), and the wave height for comparison.

Thanks for the explanation!

• 5 weeks later...
Sarahc78

Hi, we are on the may 22nd cruise aboard the summit. Sounds like you had a great time. What was the condition of the ship? She is 10 years old now, just curious. We were on the Zenith in 06 to Bermuda and she was not in good condition. love Bermuda tho!

Thanks

Ship was in great condition in my opinion. Sure she was a bit older but staff was constantly polishing, painting, scrubing, etc...

We loved her so much we booked her again this May ;)

Storm1.jpg

WOW! This is a great picture.

• 2 months later...

Archived