Jewel Questions. New to NCL

ariel865

Hi. Will be sailing this summer on the Jewel and have just a few questions

1. Pub Crawl. Does anyone know if the Jewel has it and if so, how much?

2. Clam shells on GSC. How much? and I have read to rent them immediately on board. Is this still true? Also is it only for 1 person?

3. Dining attire? I know it is free style dining but does NCL have any Formal nights?

Thank you. Everyone on this site has always been a tremendous help.

2. Clam shells on GSC. How much? and I have read to rent them immediately on board. Is this still true? Also is it only for 1 person?

3. Dining attire? I know it is free style dining but does NCL have any Formal nights?

There seems to be less of a problem getting a clam shell now than there used to be, but for my own peace of mind I'd reserve one ASAP if I wanted one. Each clam shell covers two chairs.

There will be an optional formal night. Lots of people will dress up and lots of people will not. If dressing up is fun for you (we enjoy it!), by all means... if not, you're not obligated to :)

I have read the price is $29. Clamshell is for 2 people.

2_clam_shell.jpg

The Jewel does have a pub crawl. On our saling we had THREE of them. It was a 10 day cruise though but tons of college party animals with 165 attendees at the first crawl. It was so huge they had to do two of them! :eek: Price wise I forgot how much it was but I'm sure someone else here would know. :D

NCL has Dress Up or Not nights. It's your choice to dress if you want to but there's no requirement for it. On a 7 day voyage they'll have two of them and they are always on a sea day. :)

What is a pub crawl exactly?

Did the Pub Crawl on the Jewel last summer. $25 per person. You meet and sign up at the designated bar and then the group travels to 4 or 5 bars on the ship. You are served a drink (their choice not yours, usually something blue or green, lol) at each of the bars and they play a game at each destination, either a drinking game or a competition game like musical chairs, or burst the baloon. It really is a lot of fun. Not sure how much fun it would be with 165 college kids though, that was not our experience. We loved.

Archived