RCCL Docking Port in St Thomas

CleoSushi

Hi all, happy night to all!

Quick question, would anyone happen to know which port (old or new) does RCCL dock at in St Thomas? If its the new one, how close is it to the shopping and beaches (i.e. Sapphire, Coki, Magen).

THANKS A BUNCH:D

Which ship? I checked your older posts but couldn't tell. If you are on Oasis or Allure, you will dock at Crown Bay which has some shopping at the pier but not as much as Havensight. Other RCI ships may go to Havensight but it is subject to change at the last minute. Prepare for either and you won't be disappointed.

Cabs are lined up at both piers ready to take you to any beach you want.

Enjoy St. Thomas - it is beautiful. :)

Which ship? I checked your older posts but couldn't tell. If you are on Oasis or Allure, you will dock at Crown Bay which has some shopping at the pier but not as much as Havensight. Other RCI ships may go to Havensight but it is subject to change at the last minute. Prepare for either and you won't be disappointed.

Cabs are lined up at both piers ready to take you to any beach you want.

Enjoy St. Thomas - it is beautiful. :)

Thanks a bunch. We are going on the Serenade. This would be our 2nd time in St Thomas but our first with our DS who will be 2 1/2 yrs old at that time. We are so excited, this is our first cruise with him so we want him to see all the beauties of the Caribbean :)

Hi all, happy night to all!

Quick question, would anyone happen to know which port (old or new) does RCCL dock at in St Thomas? If its the new one, how close is it to the shopping and beaches (i.e. Sapphire, Coki, Magen).

THANKS A BUNCH:D

Call RCI, they should be able to answer which you will dock at...altho not sure how far out your cruise is.

Also, I think any beach you go to your 2.5 yo will enjoy it and most of all when older will enjoy seeing the pictures you take.

We have been to SxT a good handful of times. This past December we rented a Jeep and it was WONDERFUL. you might want to investigate this if you will have a car seat with you...otherwise you will on and off the open air bus/taxi's. If you/your DH is confident to drive on the european side of the road, renting a car is both cost effective and easy... Also, shopping is nearby, beaches are definitely a drive - dfferent areas...what exactly are you looking to do?

Thanks a bunch. We are going on the Serenade. This would be our 2nd time in St Thomas but our first with our DS who will be 2 1/2 yrs old at that time. We are so excited, this is our first cruise with him so we want him to see all the beauties of the Caribbean :)

Serenade will dock at Havensight.

Call RCI, they should be able to answer which you will dock at...altho not sure how far out your cruise is.

Also, I think any beach you go to your 2.5 yo will enjoy it and most of all when older will enjoy seeing the pictures you take.

We have been to SxT a good handful of times. This past December we rented a Jeep and it was WONDERFUL. you might want to investigate this if you will have a car seat with you...otherwise you will on and off the open air bus/taxi's. If you/your DH is confident to drive on the european side of the road, renting a car is both cost effective and easy... Also, shopping is nearby, beaches are definitely a drive - dfferent areas...what exactly are you looking to do?

Thanks for the helpful advice. We are planning to either go to ST John or go to Coral World/Coki Beach. We want to do a beach thing so that hubby can snorkle and DS can try to build the best looking sand castle ever

Just wanted to caution we were at Sapphire Beach last year in St T and thought the beach was breathtaking, the facilities were horrible.

I would rather have used a porta potty. seriously. Please put on your swim suit on the boat and wear a cover up. It was not fun trying to change in a restroom with no lock on the door, a layer of wet filth on the floor, and staaaanky.

We ended up making a makeshift dressing room against a building wall and used our beach towels holding them up for each other. I guess I may be on youtube somewhere with all my flab trying to put on that swimsuit out in the open lol. If so send me my royalties, so I can apply the proceeds toward another cruise. :D

Also I did not see anywhere to get food and honestly the restroom was so filthy I would not have eaten there. Luckily we had snuck off room service sandwiches and chips. (all you people that admonish taking off food, this was a prime example of why I do it.) There is nowhere in walking distance to get anything to eat either.

Now, having said that. The beach is clean and beautiful. One of the prettiest I have seen. If you walk to the far end of the beach on the right you find a rocky area with waves crashing on the rocks. There are some benches there and it is a quiet spot for reflection or romance.

Also, they say you cannot use the pool, but we jumped right in and nobody questioned me. Struck up a convo with the security guard and made friends with him, so no issues with that.

I would definitely go back to this beach, just plan ahead for potty time , lunch, and changing clothes.

Just wanted to caution we were at Sapphire Beach last year in St T and thought the beach was breathtaking, the facilities were horrible.

I would rather have used a porta potty. seriously. Please put on your swim suit on the boat and wear a cover up. It was not fun trying to change in a restroom with no lock on the door, a layer of wet filth on the floor, and staaaanky.

We ended up making a makeshift dressing room against a building wall and used our beach towels holding them up for each other. I guess I may be on youtube somewhere with all my flab trying to put on that swimsuit out in the open lol. If so send me my royalties, so I can apply the proceeds toward another cruise. :D

Also I did not see anywhere to get food and honestly the restroom was so filthy I would not have eaten there. Luckily we had snuck off room service sandwiches and chips. (all you people that admonish taking off food, this was a prime example of why I do it.) There is nowhere in walking distance to get anything to eat either.

Now, having said that. The beach is clean and beautiful. One of the prettiest I have seen. If you walk to the far end of the beach on the right you find a rocky area with waves crashing on the rocks. There are some benches there and it is a quiet spot for reflection or romance.

Also, they say you cannot use the pool, but we jumped right in and nobody questioned me. Struck up a convo with the security guard and made friends with him, so no issues with that.

I would definitely go back to this beach, just plan ahead for potty time , lunch, and changing clothes.

Very good to know. Since we will be there with a little one and our friends also who will be bring a 1 year old, we may just go to another beach with better facilities.

THANKS

This is the new place where the yachts tie up.

2982902320096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

BEAUTIFUL picture!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking about YHG....SHOPPING.

RE: Louis Vuitton, Bvlgari, Gucci, Ferragamo ETC! It is a high end mecca of couture. I had to pass last month b/c it was DS's watch shopping afternoon and we went to Trident in towne.

Very good to know. Since we will be there with a little one and our friends also who will be bring a 1 year old, we may just go to another beach with better facilities.

THANKS

We were just there less then a month ago.

The food and beverage now is EXCELLENT. I had a tuna wrap (tuna steak, not canned tunafish, lol), the rest of my family had hamburgers. The beach service was also very, very good and they take CC's- for food. Cash for chair rentals, as they are seperately owned. The bathrooms happened to be getting a cleaning while we were there but I have heard they are usually horrible. The rock jetty being spoken of is called "Marriage walk" and many weddings take place there (Including my friend Kathy's). Magens Bay is a good choice too, pretty decent (still beachy, sandy and far, far from perfect) bathrooms, but we never had food there and they get very crowded.

There is more info and pictures of Sapphire in my reivew. the link is below.

Do not rule out Sapphire..........

And, may I suggest to google Coki beach and read the latest. I know it became pretty desserted this past July after an incident.

We were just there less then a month ago.

The food and beverage now is EXCELLENT. I had a tuna wrap (tuna steak, not canned tunafish, lol), the rest of my family had hamburgers. The beach service was also very, very good and they take CC's- for food. Cash for chair rentals, as they are seperately owned. The bathrooms happened to be getting a cleaning while we were there but I have heard they are usually horrible. The rock jetty being spoken of is called "Marriage walk" and many weddings take place there (Including my friend Kathy's). Magens Bay is a good choice too, pretty decent (still beachy, sandy and far, far from perfect) bathrooms, but we never had food there and they get very crowded.

There is more info and pictures of Sapphire in my reivew. the link is below.

Do not rule out Sapphire..........

And, may I suggest to google Coki beach and read the latest. I know it became pretty desserted this past July after an incident.

Hello, yes i heard about the incident. It is a concern for us but I understand that it was an isolated incident. Sapphire beach is now back on my rador thank you so much. How would we get there? We are trying to be as economical as possible lol.

BEAUTIFUL picture!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking about YHG....SHOPPING.

RE: Louis Vuitton, Bvlgari, Gucci, Ferragamo ETC! It is a high end mecca of couture. I had to pass last month b/c it was DS's watch shopping afternoon and we went to Trident in towne.

I think they are at the same complex, the high end shopping and the yachts. Next trip we are going to go over there and see the place, have never been there since it opened a few years ago.

When I was taking the picture of the yachts I superzoomed in to read the names and this is what I saw on one of the white ones.....

2174010500096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

:D:D:D

Archived