ON Board Account Deposit

Greg LaRose

Yeah, I guess we will just buy some OBC ahead of time so we can avoid the line on embarkation day. Doubt it will be a big deal.

Just be warned that is usually takes until the next day of embarkation for the OBC to show in your account - in the mean while your account is unusable without other funding source.

I'd just board early and wait for the possible line to move (in my experience it is relatively fast).

Just be warned that is usually takes until the next day of embarkation for the OBC to show in your account - in the mean while your account is unusable without other funding source.

I'd just board early and wait for the possible line to move (in my experience it is relatively fast).

Well that is disappointing. Not sure why it wouldn't be available as soon as you board if it was purchased ahead of time. I'm not a fan of standing in one extra line after waiting in lines to get on the ship :(

~Katy

Well that is disappointing. Not sure why it wouldn't be available as soon as you board if it was purchased ahead of time. I'm not a fan of standing in one extra line after waiting in lines to get on the ship :(

I can totally understand the frustration that but NCL is different from many other cruise lines (lines under Carnival corp and RCL corp at least AFAIK) in that the onboard accounts are created only during check-in in the terminal, not in advance via the web check-in. So it's practically impossible to distribute the OBC before all accounts are created.

I revived the old post because people are incredibly quick to jump on people asking questions on CC that have already been asked. ..

Sort of true. The "sensitivity" is usually about questions that were asked and have active threads from the past few days. Often the very same question is right on the first page of threads.

But, I get your point.