Corkscrew?

LynnMW3

We will be in a Concierge Class stateroom on Connie, and are planning to buy premium beverage packages...my question is, if we bring our allotted two bottles of wine on board with us for consumption in our stateroom, can our steward provide us with a corkscrew to open these bottles, or should we bring our own?

Also, I realize there's been a lot of controversy about this, but what is the recent consensus about standard/large size bottles of wine...will the bigger bottles be allowed, or confiscated?

Thanks,

Lynn

We will be in a Concierge Class stateroom on Connie, and are planning to buy premium beverage packages...my question is, if we bring our allotted two bottles of wine on board with us for consumption in our stateroom, can our steward provide us with a corkscrew to open these bottles, or should we bring our own?

Also, I realize there's been a lot of controversy about this, but what is the recent consensus about standard/large size bottles of wine...will the bigger bottles be allowed, or confiscated?

Thanks,

Lynn

At best your cabin steward will find one of those cheap two peice plastic cork screws for you to use, at worse it will be difficult for him to find one for you at all and might take a while. They used to leave these in the cabin for the mini bar wine, now both the white and red wine in the mini bars have screw tops. Personally, I'd throw a basic small corkscrew into my suitcase.

I have no recent experiance with large bottles, but I've reports of them being disallowed (very few reports but some) and reports of them skating through (most of the reports I've read indicate no issues).

Thanks,

Lynn

Your stateroom attendant will be happy to provide you with a corkscrew.I may suggest a Blackbox Malbec and Sonoma Reserve Merlot and carry on 2 bottles of Moet instead!I also pack a Kettleone because although you purchase the premium package,bartenders nor room service will be delivering a drink at a time to your stateroom.

Have a great cruise!:)

Thanks,

Lynn

Your steward will be glad to provide you with a corkscrew; it is flimsy and cheap, but it will work. I guess it depends on the port, etc., but larger bottles of wine were allowed aboard the Equinox (Holy Land Cruise) back in October.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will probably be given a flimsy screw top opener which we could not get to work. throw a opener in suitcase, we also took bottle to a bartender who opened bottle with a smile.:)

Riverlake - just completed Holy Land and transatlantic trip in oct 10 on Equinox.

Archived