What does this mean?

nikita606

True, but when I worked there here is what I would see.

We would see it go Code Red and have zero information. Then, we would be told it is dry docked, chartered...whatever. Then, we would begin compiling manifests and assemble a team of about 50 agents to do call outs. It usually takes about one and a half days to complete round 1 of call outs (there will be three total rounds).

BUT there will be those that panic and reschedule before they are called. Guess what that does? It takes away the compensation offer. You lose by doing this. RCI doesn't lose because they now do not have to compensate you since when they went to call, you were already changed.

And for those that will claim it took 4,5, 6 days to get a call. That is because 1. there was not an up to date phone number on your booking (not the same as your CAS profile or website profile) or 2. you missed the call or 3 you have a travel agent who missed the call.

4. RCI didn't call you or your travel agent.

I do not know about the other dates, but I have been told by people in authority that the July 23 date is not cancelled. A group of people is boarding from a different port and that is why they have closed down booking. I was told it should open again in a few days. The cruise before mine would also be affected by this, but I do not know anything about the ones after.

I am so relieved.

Bonnie-although I don't have specific info about the august cruise, my impression was that none of the sailings are cancelled.

I do not know about the other dates, but I have been told by people in authority that the July 23 date is not cancelled. A group of people is boarding from a different port and that is why they have closed down booking. I was told it should open again in a few days. The cruise before mine would also be affected by this, but I do not know anything about the ones after.

I am so relieved.

Bonnie-although I don't have specific info about the august cruise, my impression was that none of the sailings are cancelled.

Maybe this will all work out for all of us :D The August 6th booking is "closed" just like the 3 affected July bookings.

nikita606, I was able to access a TA booking site that shows that RCCL has infact introduced a concept called "interport sailing" on Vision of the Seas during those particular July sailings that have been pointed out in this thread, and ending on my August 6th sailing! :D An "interport sailing" means that a particular itinerary will have TWO ports of embarkation. In your case it will be Stockholm and Gdansk. So, some of the passengers will board in Stockholm for a 7-day round trip tour and some folks will board in Gdansk, Poland for a 7-day round trip tour. My sailing does not stop at Gdansk, so I am guessing that the folks that board in Gdansk on August 4th prior to my August 6th departure from Stockholm, are doing a back-to-back cruise to create one 7 day cruise (3 days from Gdansk to Stockholm and then 4 day round-trip from Stockholm to Tallin, then on to St. Petersburg, and back to Stockholm, where those passengers will disembark with ME! :D)

So, YAY!!!!! I think we are okay! :D:D:D

The August 6th sailing is back on line! I am all set. I think the rest of the July sailings will go "live" again soon, if they haven't already! :D And you will also see the new July sail dates added as well (from Gdansk, Poland as a port of embarkation).

Phew! That was stressful! ;) But, all's well that ends well! :)

After all the money they have spent on airfare I don't blame them at all for phoning to try to find out whatever information they could get.

Often on here cruisers have found out their cruises have been cancelled before they have even recieved the official call from RCCL notifying them of this. If I was in the OP's shoes I would do the same thing, try my very best to get an answer, you just never know when the information will reach the agents answering the phone, so maybe on the 100th call they will get the correct information.

I totally agree with you.

I wonder how reasonable the guy who criticised you would be if he had $6000 tied up in flights on a cruise that he was unsure about.

Sometimes it is better to get bad news early so you have a chance of making some sort of flight alterations at the earliest date possible.

I wonder how reasonable the guy who criticised you would be if he had $6000 tied up in flights on a cruise that he was unsure about.

Sometimes it is better to get bad news early so you have a chance of making some sort of flight alterations at the earliest date possible.

Absolutely! "Forewarned is forearmed!" Because of this thread, I did my research to see what my back-up plans would be if, in fact, I had gotten the call from RCCL that my August 6th Vision cruise was cancelled. I was prepared with all the information I would have needed to sort my arrangements out, while I had the RCCL rep on the phone. But, lucky for me, it is now a moot point! :D Yay!

Agreed. I'd absolutely do the same. And I'd also come to CC for help, as many posters here share helpful information, ideas, and comments. But not all do...

Check out some of the the other posts by the guy who criticized the OP, among others. He's pretty consistent. Must be nice to be so perfect and... omnipotent. Seriously. I heard there was an "ignore" button here somewhere. I think I might just have to find it. I don't mind differing opinions, but rudeness and condescension I can do without.

Good luck to all of you Vision cruisers. Glad it seems to have been a false alarm. Happy sailing!

Archived