What does this mean?

nikita606

I am booked on vision of the seas for July 23 out of Stockholm. I went to check the price on the royal caribbean website and you cannot book the cruise. It says N/A for all pricing. There are 3 other cruises on the vision with dates around mine that are also N/A for pricing. I called royal and they said it was "code red" and they could not book it, but they could not tell me why. I was told it could be sold out, but would 4 cruises be sold out that far in advance? I'm concerned that they might be moving the vision or cancelling it for some other reason. I've already made nonrefundable airline reservations ($6,000). Has this happened to you?

I am booked on vision of the seas for July 23 out of Stockholm. I went to check the price on the royal caribbean website and you cannot book the cruise. It says N/A for all pricing. There are 3 other cruises on the vision with dates around mine that are also N/A for pricing. I called royal and they said it was "code red" and they could not book it, but they could not tell me why. I was told it could be sold out, but would 4 cruises be sold out that far in advance? I'm concerned that they might be moving the vision or cancelling it for some other reason. I've already made nonrefundable airline reservations ($6,000). Has this happened to you?

Sometimes it is temporary; try again in the morning.

I think it would be a good idea for you to contact your TA or RCCL asap..as from what I have been hearing..there aren't any Vision sailings in July on 16th, 23rd or 30th.

I think it would be a good idea for you to contact your TA or RCCL asap..as from what I have been hearing..there aren't any Vision sailings in July on 16th, 23rd or 30th.

What good does a contact to anyone do if there isn't more information out? If it is drydock, extended charter or just inventory maintenance...it will happen on its own schedule and panicking now does no one any good.

Not the same Situation, but: two Years ago we booked a cruise on the Liberty OTS in the Caribbean. One week later we wanted to check the prices again, and our booked cruise was also N/A. Same status then over the next weeks. After around two weeks we was contacted by our TA, because our cruise was cancelled. We got the Choice to cancel or to book an other cruise to an other date with an On Board Credit.

Looks not good for your cruise... :(

Ron

We understand the stress OP must be feeling and hope it is clarified soon! We had a similar situation a few months ago. We were booked on Voyager of the Seas out of Venice on May 21st, and suddenly the RCCL website showed the cruise as not available. It took about 5 phone calls and 2 weeks for them to finally tell us that the cruise was cancelled as the ship had been chartered. We were offered $400 OBC to transfer to another sailing, and offered price protection if we rescheduled to the sailing that was the following week. We were not able to do that, and had already booked nonrefundable air tickets to Venice. RCCL offered to pay a portion of our rescheduling fees with the airline, but it did not cover what we would have had to pay. We ended up rebooking on the NCL Jade, which leaves from Venice on the same day.

Good luck to you!

What good does a contact to anyone do if there isn't more information out? If it is drydock, extended charter or just inventory maintenance...it will happen on its own schedule and panicking now does no one any good.

It isn't my fault there isn't any info out there from RCCL.

If you notice I did say for the OP to contact RCCL or TA for more information. I am not a TA and do not have access to the relevant information as to why the 3 July cruises are showing as N/A...perhaps your contact can provide it.

I am just going by what I was told by RCCL today when I tried to get the info (help) for the OP but as I don't have a booking on the OPs sailing then I cannot get any further information other than what I posted.

I have been on the phone with various people from royal most of the day. Most did not know anything and would just say the cruise is sold out, but I finally talked with someone who knew more. It is possible that the people in revenue are closing off the cruises because they are close to capicity. It is also possible that one of these cruises will become a charter and we will be forced off. I am a wreak. This is our first trip to Europe with our 2 kids (ages 17 and 13). My husband and I have not been in over 24 years. I've been planning the trip in detail a year ahead. I was told it could be in "code red" for 2 weeks before they notify passangers if there is a problem.

It isn't my fault there isn't any info out there from RCCL.

If you notice I did say for the OP to contact RCCL or TA for more information. I am not a TA and do not have access to the relevant information as to why the 3 July cruises are showing as N/A...perhaps your contact can provide it.

I am just going by what I was told by RCCL today when I tried to get the info (help) for the OP but as I don't have a booking on the OPs sailing then I cannot get any further information other than what I posted.

When the agents at RCI have more information, they begin call outs to travel agents and guests. If they haven't begun...it means there is no more information out there.

I have been on the phone with various people from royal most of the day. Most did not know anything and would just say the cruise is sold out, but I finally talked with someone who knew more. It is possible that the people in revenue are closing off the cruises because they are close to capicity. It is also possible that one of these cruises will become a charter and we will be forced off. I am a wreak. This is our first trip to Europe with our 2 kids (ages 17 and 13). My husband and I have not been in over 24 years. I've been planning the trip in detail a year ahead. I was told it could be in "code red" for 2 weeks before they notify passangers if there is a problem.

So basically you were told they don't know. You spent hours on the phone to hear that they don't know. That couldn't have waited?

People need to learn patience. If your cruise is cancelled...they WILL call you or your TA. Calling them 100 times will only net you 100 "we don't knows"

OP, sounds like you will have to wait a week or two to find out what happened. May I suggest that you do:

-Is there another cruise line sailing during the dates of your airline tickets?

-If not, can you put your reservation "on hold" and if so, what $$ penalty?

-Are you able to change your vacation schedule?

When you find out what the situation is, you will be better able to "negotiate" with RCI

So basically you were told they don't know. You spent hours on the phone to hear that they don't know. That couldn't have waited?

People need to learn patience. If your cruise is cancelled...they WILL call you or your TA. Calling them 100 times will only net you 100 "we don't knows"

After all the money they have spent on airfare I don't blame them at all for phoning to try to find out whatever information they could get.

Often on here cruisers have found out their cruises have been cancelled before they have even recieved the official call from RCCL notifying them of this. If I was in the OP's shoes I would do the same thing, try my very best to get an answer, you just never know when the information will reach the agents answering the phone, so maybe on the 100th call they will get the correct information.

When the agents at RCI have more information, they begin call outs to travel agents and guests. If they haven't begun...it means there is no more information out there.
If that were only true. RCI is notoriously slow at notifying TAs & guests. Quite often, actually, things are learned here before TAs & guests are notified because someone called RCI and was persistent enough to get someone to tell them.

If that were only true. RCI is notoriously slow at notifying TAs & guests. Quite often, actually, things are learned here before TAs & guests are notified because someone called RCI and was persistent enough to get someone to tell them.

Too true. I knew on here days before notification by RCI to my TA that our port of call in Falmouth was changed on our Jan 10 cruise. Even the fax from RCI to my TA was dated for that day, when it was common knowledge on these boards days prior.

How many people are dedicated to the task of notifying all affected guests and their TA's? Even if they have the info, you may be days down the calling list, but by calling in, that agent might have the info handy. Not sure why thelion is so upset at the suggestion to call in.

Wouldn't travel insurance cover any non-refundable air fare if the cruise is cancelled or chartered? Even though I book flights on my own I include the cost of them when buying travel insurance because I always buy non-refundable (read cheapest) tickets.

I don't know, but I didn't purchase it. The flights were expensive because they were "open jaw" I believe the word is. We are planning on flying into stockhom just for this cruise. I purchased additional flights to London after the cruise. I have 2 sets of non-refundable tickets. One set from the states and another from Stockholm to London. That also makes it hard to find alternative cruises.

I would think that you could still purchase travel insurance right now and it would cover your flights, since RCL hasn't officially told you that your cruise has been pulled out from under you. Once they send out the notifications it might be too late.

I would think that you could still purchase travel insurance right now and it would cover your flights, since RCL hasn't officially told you that your cruise has been pulled out from under you. Once they send out the notifications it might be too late.

I am referring to travel insurance purchased through a 3rd party (check out insuremytrip.com), not through the cruise line.

Or August 6th! :( I just checked my own booking after reading this post and my Vision cruise is "missing" also! Holy crap! This was a "dream cruise" I was giving to my mother-in-law. We have our non-refundable airfare already purchased too! We had the perfect corner/aft JS balcony booked as well. I can't believe this has happened! Damn! :cool:

I spent my time on this because I must start thinking about what to do. It is not as simple as driving to another port. You don't seem to understand.

Hi, thank you so much for posting your thread! If I had not read this, I would not have known that my Aug. 6th Vision cruise is also in limbo! I am just in shock right now and so very disappointed that this trip may not be happening. But, now that I DO know, I will try to be proactive in figuring out what my options are PRIOR to hearing from RCCL. I would love to find out this was all just some computer snafu! :o But, I fear that is not the case. So, off I go to do a little research and see what else is out there and how I can salvage my EXPENSIVE airline tickets.

We just booked the May 15, 2011 sailing on Vision OTS out of Copenhagen on Friday. I find it hard to believe they would accept a charter for the high season in the Baltic Sea that would bump other passengers. :eek: It appears RCI is trying to become Europe's biggest cruise option. This would mess with their reputation.

I wish you the best and hope it is just N/A because it is sold out. I know I have been on a number of cruises which had a large number of conventioneers. Once it was a Jim Beam conference. They are tied up in meetings all day, but are free for activities at night. Perhaps they sold out the rest of the available cabins for such bookings.

Diana

True, but when I worked there here is what I would see.

We would see it go Code Red and have zero information. Then, we would be told it is dry docked, chartered...whatever. Then, we would begin compiling manifests and assemble a team of about 50 agents to do call outs. It usually takes about one and a half days to complete round 1 of call outs (there will be three total rounds).

BUT there will be those that panic and reschedule before they are called. Guess what that does? It takes away the compensation offer. You lose by doing this. RCI doesn't lose because they now do not have to compensate you since when they went to call, you were already changed.

And for those that will claim it took 4,5, 6 days to get a call. That is because 1. there was not an up to date phone number on your booking (not the same as your CAS profile or website profile) or 2. you missed the call or 3 you have a travel agent who missed the call.

thelion-exactly what kind of possible "compensation" could be offered when there are no ships to move to. If for some reason all of these sailings are gone there are no other sailings out of Stockholm. Otherwise, these ships are pretty full. Even if just one sailing is cancelled, how can all those people be moved when the other sailings are also full. I believe it is a lose/lose situation for passengers no matter what. I would be a fool to wait for them to call without thinking about how to save my vacation. I wonder, do you still work for Royal Caribbean? I find your posts very suspicious.

I'm glad you found my post helpful, even though you now know exactly how I feel. If you find out anything, I sure would appreciate any information. Good luck finding alternatives.

If I hear anything, I'll come right here and post! You do the same! ;)

Good luck to you! I hope this all works out. Your situation is a little more complicated than mine, since your travels are "open jaw" and you have more passengers to figure out and less flexibility.

I only have to suck up the change fee for 2 airfares. Other than that I should be able to switch to a later date of my same or similar cruise if that is what RCCL offers. I know that won't be as simple for you. :(

Again, I wish you good luck in working this out....if necessary.

Archived