Question about transportation to Passion Island

chukeee

We have a group of about 30 going on the Carnival Valor in May. On the day that we are in Cozumel, our friends are planning to get married at Passion Island. There is one 2 yr. old in the group. Does carnival offer any other means of transportation to the island beside the twister boat?

We also read about the private way of going by taxi and then fishing boats. However, people have posted that these boats aren't safe. Is there any other way ( private boat like a ferry, catamaran, etc) that we can get there and that would take a 2 yr. old. We have seen young children when we were there so I know that it is possible. We can even hire someone if we need to, but I see very few options on here. Someone posted that the catamaran is only for RC passengers. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me about transportation through Carnival or otherwise.

Has anyone taken the taxi/fishing boats? Has anyone taken any other means of transportation? Thank you for any advice!

At one time you could book Passion Island through the "this is Cozumel" website. You had to also book their jeep off road tour in order to get to the boat launch. Or Cozumel Concierge could arrange tours. You might try contacting either of them as seeing if they still offer this. http://thisiscozumel.com/

http://cozumel-mexico-vacation.com/

I have done it through this is cozumel , we did the jeep tour, we are going with him again in a few weeks, we are just going to take taxi on the get there yourself plan. Yes the boats are a small fishing boat that take you across , but its like 5 minutes , never felt like i was going to die lol . It was just an old man never really said much. We were going to try to do a weeding there this past oct, thought better of it , oh its gorgeous and all , just to much hassle getting everyone there and then you only have line 3.5 to 4 hours there. They ended up getting married on a beach in St. Pete. before we left.

If you want to know anything else let me know.

Archived