Harwick to London

Hello we will be arriving in Harwick in May on the Jewel OTS, what is the best way to get from Harwick to London as we are going to stay a few days in London after the cruise. One thought I had was hiring a transport company does anyone know of a good one. Thanks so much for your advice

Hello we will be arriving in Harwick in May on the Jewel OTS, what is the best way to get from Harwick to London as we are going to stay a few days in London after the cruise. One thought I had was hiring a transport company does anyone know of a good one. Thanks so much for your advice

Exactly what we just did this past August..We opted for the train from Harwich, which is just steps from where the Jewel docks..We got off at Liverpool Street Station and took a taxi to our hotel on Kensington Court..The train will be your best and easiest option..price wise and travel time..The traffic can be horrible..it took us 3 hrs when we arrived at LHR to get to Harwich (via RCI Transfer bus)..Enjoy this great cruise and your stay in London, so much to see..if you have time take the tube to Camden Town...the most amazing shopping I've ever seen....

One thought I had was hiring a transport company does anyone know of a good one.
You may have more luck in searching if you use the correct spelling: Harwich.

Try clicking =233&childforums=1&titleonly=1&showposts=0&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&replyless=0&replylimit=0&searchthreadid=0&saveprefs=1&quicksearch=0&searchtype=0&nocache=0&ajax=0&userid=0&"]here and running that search.

I knew exactly what your were asking..Harwick..Harwich ;)..Didn't feel it necessary to do a spell check for you.
It's not for our benefit. It's for the OP's.

If the OP does online searches for "Harwick", they'll get fewer useful hits than if they search for "Harwich".

It's not for our benefit. It's for the OP's.

If the OP does online searches for "Harwick", they'll get fewer useful hits than if they search for "Harwich".

In addition, when the OP gets to England, he/ she will get nowhere if asking for "Har-wick". The correct spelling and pronunciation will get much better results. Harwich is pronounced "Harritch" or "Harridge".

In this instance, correcting the OP's spelling was intended to be helpful, not "picky".

In addition, when the OP gets to England, he/ she will get nowhere if asking for "Har-wick". The correct spelling and pronunciation will get much better results. Harwich is pronounced "Harritch" or "Harridge".

In this instance, correcting the OP's spelling was intended to be helpful, not "picky".

No need to get personal...After seeing that there was no response from the OP just wanted to assure him that his spelling on this board was of no consequence and he could get "results"..When we arrived in London people were very helpful and friendly in explaining how "Harwich" was pronounced..;)

Not "personal" at all. If you Google "Harwick" in relation to transporation options you will not get any useful information. If you use the correct spelling "Harwich" you will get plenty. As for the pronunciation, welcome to British place names!

Hello everyone thanks for the correction in spelling :) I have been focusing on hotels but the train from the port seems to work well for everyone so just may do that. We will be in London 6 nights post cruise and are planning on doing a overnight by train to edinburgh Scotland as well. Thanks again and have a great day!

No need to get personal...After seeing that there was no response from the OP just wanted to assure him that his spelling on this board was of no consequence and he could get "results"..When we arrived in London people were very helpful and friendly in explaining how "Harwich" was pronounced..;)

Ashland, I wasn't getting personal. Like Globaliser, I was trying to be helpful.

Lots of people do not know how to pronounce Harwich and maybe you had no problem but friends of mine did - the woman at the counter when they tried to buy their train ticket was not helpful. She laughed at them when they said "Har-witch".

Ashland, I wasn't getting personal. Like Globaliser, I was trying to be helpful.

Lots of people do not know how to pronounce Harwich and maybe you had no problem but friends of mine did - the woman at the counter when they tried to buy their train ticket was not helpful. She laughed at them when they said "Har-witch".

celle..Just because you can spell it right doesn't mean you can pronounce it right..So sorry your friends were laughed at..I guess we were fortunate to deal with lovely, friendly people every where we traveled during our Baltic cruise and our week post cruise in London..Happy travels and happy people make for great memories !!:)

celle..Just because you can spell it right doesn't mean you can pronounce it right..So sorry your friends were laughed at..I guess we were fortunate to deal with lovely, friendly people every where we traveled during our Baltic cruise and our week post cruise in London..Happy travels and happy people make for great memories !!:)

You're quite right about happy people making happy travels and I'm glad you had a great time but, sad to say, there are some who are not as pleasant and helpful.

FWIW, I grew up just 25 miles away from Harwich, so I can not only spell it right, I can say it right, too. Now I live outside the UK, it didn't occur to me that my friends (not from the UK) would not know how to "say it right", so I never warned them. That is why I now warn other people.

Peace, OK? :)

You're quite right about happy people making happy travels and I'm glad you had a great time but, sad to say, there are some who are not as pleasant and helpful.

FWIW, I grew up just 25 miles away from Harwich, so I can not only spell it right, I can say it right, too. Now I live outside the UK, it didn't occur to me that my friends (not from the UK) would not know how to "say it right", so I never warned them. That is why I now warn other people.

Peace, OK? :)

Hope we find just as many friendly, helpful people in the Western Med..Enjoy the next few cruises you have planned..Peace..Always.:)

Archived