Magic in Galveston pricing...

Bmaintz

We are looking at the Magic on Jan. 2012... They have pricing at $559 for a inside at the moment... Do you think that these prices for an inside cabin will drop at all?? We would be flying out of Denver to Houston but for some reason SouthWest is a bit HIGH to fly... Guess we could drive but our cost would be close to our airfare... We have sailed the Conquest out of Galveston, nice terminal... Thanks

Prices are set computerized by supply and demand. There is no telling if prices will go up or down. Your best bet is to book the cruise as soon as allowable and book ES rate for the cheapest rate possible. By booking ES, if prices go up, you are safe; if prices go down, you get the difference.

The biggest factor that will support the prices staying high is the newness of the ship. Despite the itinerary being the same old one that the Conquest has done for ages (and several ships before her...) demand for the new ship experience will likely keep the prices up.

I agree, $559 for an inside is pretty darn steep but all of the other dates available are higher.

:)

I agree with the Magic prices probably going to stay high because it's a new ship for Galveston. I booked in November for the November 14 (first to sail out of Galveston) and chose the fun select rate. I just have a strong feeling it wont go down much if at all because Galveston doesnt have the competition as other ports to wave costs up or down. I will also say that my fare for inside was 639.00 in November and now has gone up to 709.00.

I can only hope once the 'newness' wears off the price will come back down to a more reasonable level. I am booked on the transatlantic repositioning cruise. Now I am especailly happy we booked it after seeing the price structure once the ship sails out of Galveston.

We've been paying between $479 to $579 for an inside on the Conquest, so I don't think that pricing is all that high especially for a new ship.

I know I paid a lot more for the Dream than I did for the Glory, and the Dream prices have remained high.

To a PP regarding the Dream and Magic likeness......In most aspects it's very similar, but they have moved the Steakhouse and with the addition of the Red Frog Pub and the Italian Restaurant the Promenade is where I expect to see the biggest differences.

Is the Dream the same as the Magic except decorations & theme??

While they are the same class of ship, the Magic has some things that the Dream doesn't have. Biggest things are: Italian Restaurant, Red Frog Pub, and ropes course. The layout is a bit different on the upper decks. You can see the video on the new items at carnivalmagic.com

We are looking at the Magic on Jan. 2012... They have pricing at $559 for a inside at the moment... Do you think that these prices for an inside cabin will drop at all?? We would be flying out of Denver to Houston but for some reason SouthWest is a bit HIGH to fly... Guess we could drive but our cost would be close to our airfare... We have sailed the Conquest out of Galveston, nice terminal... Thanks

Hi Bob and Kathy

We booked the Magic in March 2012 for our Spring Break and plan to drive from Denver. However, there are 5 of us. We were told by several that prices would likely not drop for the new ship. We booked at past guest rate instead of ES just in case we wanted to cancel. (BTW, I work in Littleton :o)

The biggest factor that will support the prices staying high is the newness of the ship. Despite the itinerary being the same old one that the Conquest has done for ages (and several ships before her...) demand for the new ship experience will likely keep the prices up.

I agree, $559 for an inside is pretty darn steep but all of the other dates available are higher.

Given it will be a new ship, that price is not unreasonable at all.... but low pricing is in the eye of the beholder !

I can only hope once the 'newness' wears off the price will come back down to a more reasonable level. I am booked on the transatlantic repositioning cruise. Now I am especailly happy we booked it after seeing the price structure once the ship sails out of Galveston.

We're booked on the TA repositioning cruise as well (Barcelona to Galveston). We have a very active roll call AND our own website AND a private facebook site. I don't recall seeing your user name in our roll call? We'd love to have you join our roll call--we've got lots of fun things planned for this cruise.

Linda

It seems that the price isn't that bad for a new ship. The Halloween group cruise isn't much cheaper for a much older ship.....Just a thought....;)

Archived