how to book a room for 18 YO

hlsess

a mom is taking my D 18 and her own daughter 18 plus a younger sibling- when i tried to book a room to see about pricing it says you must have someone over 21 in each room- any suggestions- they want a room by themselves

Our PVP at Carnival did it for us when we were booking for our 19 yr old & our friend's 18 y.o. I do know he had to ask for permission from his supervisor & that the condition was that they had to be right across the hall from us. That's what we were told & that's how we were able to book it.

a mom is taking my D 18 and her own daughter 18 plus a younger sibling- when i tried to book a room to see about pricing it says you must have someone over 21 in each room- any suggestions- they want a room by themselves

As long as there is an adult booked in a cabin nearby and linked together they can have their own cabin. If you are unaware you must send written permission for her to be under the supervision of another adult.

We had too book my DD and myself in open room and her BF and my DH another room. She will turn 21 the 2nd day of the cruise. Since she was not 21 at time of booking, she could not book her own room. It does say something about ajoining rooms if you read the FAQ on the NCL site. You can switch rooms once on board also.

You can definitely book both cabins with only one adult if they are connecting.. we have done this many times, and it was part of the "Family Plan" when it was offered a few years ago.

you certianly can, that is why I think the OP needs to call NCL or use a travel agent.

Nita

You have good advice from everyone about contacting NCL (or having the mom who is going to be on the cruise do it. If all you want to do is check pricing, you can put in any age you want as you do the mock booking. Since you are not going to complete it it really does not matter (as long as you don't use anything over 55 since that is a senior rate which might get a discount).

As long as there is an adult booked in a cabin nearby and linked together they can have their own cabin. If you are unaware you must send written permission for her to be under the supervision of another adult.

Not only written, but signed by both parents and notarized.

I called NCL today and they said it can only be done with adjoining rooms and right now that ship is almost full- the lowest fare PP is $1259 which is more than we planned to spend so we now are trying to find an AI in Mexico-

An 18 year old does not need any type of signed letter, they are an adult. However what is stated is true about rooms (connected or across the hall).

When I cruised NCL with my grandparents at age 18 they did require a letter and NCL's docs state authorization letters are needed for anyone under 21...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions

See section "Minors."

I do believe that the parental permission form is required for anyone under the age of 21 that is traveling with someone other than their own parent. I would also make sure that the supervising mom has something signed by you that authorizes her to take care of emergency situations involving your daughter in your stead.

Archived