Brilliance o/t Seas passenger suing RCI over death of wife in storm off Alexandria

Goldryder

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not sad in the way you refer. That's a rude statement to make. You obviously have no sympathy for the bereaved family and it would be ok for RCCL to get away with negligence. Having had experience of their extreme negligence last year while cruising with them I would not recommend them or use them ever again. A law unto themselves. It's never their fault. Diabolical company to deal with and try to get answers out of.

Enjoy grinding your axe. :rolleyes: You said without a doubt. I would love to see the proof that you seem to know, because RCI is a diabolical company. Sounds like you have a preconcieved opinion because of something that you feel was done to you. I am sorry that you feel so free to slander a company and the people here in this forum because of your clear bias.

I am a heartless person? Really... I just don't immediately believe everything I read. I am sorry for anyone who loses a loved one. We have all had loses in our life. It is a fact of life.

As one of my "favorite" sea lawyers says here with every post...

kind regards.

jc

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not sad in the way you refer. That's a rude statement to make. You obviously have no sympathy for the bereaved family and it would be ok for RCCL to get away with negligence. Having had experience of their extreme negligence last year while cruising with them I would not recommend them or use them ever again. A law unto themselves. It's never their fault. Diabolical company to deal with and try to get answers out of.

Having sympathy for the family and friends of the dead and casting blame are 2 entirely different things. Your emotions are getting the best of you based on what you read. Like everyone else, you do not know all the facts. Level headed people are able to say blame is not known at this time.

You just said you had a bad experience on RCI and that is driving your opinion. That means it's an emotional opinion, not based on fact.

Even a couple folks who were actually on board that cruise said it wasn't as bad as what was reported. I think they know better than you.

If it had not sailed the lady would without doubt have lived.

Perhaps that is true. Who really knows? But does that mean an ocean going carrier on a ship susceptible to pitching and rolling seas is responsible for a person on board not keeping their balance? On the surface, I don't think so. But there are many, many factors that have to be scrutinized in order to make that determination, and those factors are not publicly available, so it is impossible for anyone to say "without a doubt" RCI is either negligent or innocent.

On a recent cruise on mine, an elderly man tripped and fell down the stairs. Word is, he later died. It was very tragic, and the same thing can be said...had he never been on that cruise, he would have lived. Again, true statement, but that does not make the carrier negligent.

I am an investigator by career...in the maritime field no less. My job is to discover truth, and I know never, ever judge a book by it's cover and never ever make a decision based on media reports, or even the emotions of those closest to the hurt. There are 3 sides to every story, the complainant's, the respondent's, and the truth.

And no, settling is not an admission of guilt. Not even close.

Perhaps that is true. Who really knows? But does that mean an ocean going carrier on a ship susceptible to pitching and rolling seas is responsible for a person on board not keeping their balance? On the surface, I don't think so. But there are many, many factors that have to be scrutinized in order to make that determination, and those factors are not publicly available, so it is impossible for anyone to say "without a doubt" RCI is either negligent or innocent.

On a recent cruise on mine, an elderly man tripped and fell down the stairs. Word is, he later died. It was very tragic, and the same thing can be said...had he never been on that cruise, he would have lived. Again, true statement, but that does not make the carrier negligent.

I am an investigator by career...in the maritime field no less. My job is to discover truth, and I know never, ever judge a book by it's cover and never ever make a decision based on media reports, or even the emotions of those closest to the hurt. There are 3 sides to every story, the complainant's, the respondent's, and the truth.

And no, settling is not an admission of guilt. Not even close.

Excellent post, Paul. Thank you. Unfortunately, I think some people's minds are made up, even being short of important info. :rolleyes:

Archived