Disembarking in a Tender Port

Cruise Junky

We're looking at The Med. Collection cruise on probably either Ocean or Pacific if they do it again in 2012 but with the itinerary the way it currently stands would love to disembark in Portofino rather than go back down to Rome.

Has anyone disembarked in a Tender Port? any issues? I know we'd have to clear this with Princess and of course there's a chance they wouldn't be stopping in a tender port due to weather.

The hassle of getting luggage, carryons, etc on and off the tender. Might have to lug it aways to get transportation.

I'm young ;) if I can drag it around Venice and on and off trains, I can probably handle Portofino :)

However, we haven't been to Portofini, is the tender spot a ways away from any Taxi's or other transportation?

My guess is that it might be difficult to arrange. I have seen passengers embark at tender ports but they were people who had missed sailaway and were catching up with the ship. I think it would depend on your itinerary and whether you go to a non-Schengen Agreement country before arriving in Portofino. Disembarking via tender isn't that difficult but you'd have to do it mid-day or early afternoon when few passengers are going ashore.

Your best bet is to check with Princess.

Archived