Solstice docking & port of Livorno

BermudaMom

I'd appreciate some advice if anyone knows where Celebrity's Solstice would dock for the Port of Livorno, Italy. We've thought of booking one of their shorter tours of 3.5 hours for Pisa and either before or after wandering around Livorno. Am wondering how far the ship actually docks from the town and if Celebrity would run a shuttle between the town and the ship. Thanks in advance for any information CCrs can give.

Peg

All cruise ships dock in the commercial port. One is not allowed to walk in or out of the port (supposedly because there is a navy base there). The port runs a shuttle to the port entrance. The cost to the passengers varies depending upon how much, if any, the cruise line chooses to subsidize it.

Keep in mind that most of old Livorno was destroyed by Allied bombing in WWII.

As mentioned in the other posts about Livorno here, you can't just walk around the industrial port. There isn't a cruise ship terminal- you dock at a freight pier. A shuttle will take you into town. I don't remember if it is free or has a fee.

Pisa is about 30 or so minutes away, and not a free ride.

Livorno is the most industrial port I have ever been in. It is quite large and they stick the cruise ships in amoung large freighters and other ships. It is actually kind of interesting and very busy. The cruise line will provide a bus into Livorno, for HAL it was $5 (thats for round trip). I am not sure what there is to do there as we went to Florence for the day. You might try doing a search on "Livorno" as I do recall someone posting about their experience in doing what you are asking.

Kirk

Archived