At Sea On Easter Sunday-Services? Brunch?

sunandfun4me

Hi, all! DM and I will be sailing out of FT. L on 4/22 aboard Equinox. We'll be at sea for Easter Sunday and we were wondering if there are Easter Sunday services on board? Anything else done on board that's special and helps mark the day that we should know about? Brunch? High Tea? Would so appreciate hearing back from anybody who's been at sea for Easter Sunday. It's a sea day on our sailing, if that helps.

Thanks ahead of time for your input!

You did not specify your denomination, but I have sailed Celebrity 8 times and there has always been a Catholic priest onboard who has conducted both Catholic and non denominational services through out the cruise and especially Sunday services. I would guess there would be one onboard for Easter, however, I have not sailed on the S class ships. You might want to try contacting Celebrity directly to inquire about your specific sailing.

Hi, all! DM and I will be sailing out of FT. L on 4/22 aboard Equinox. We'll be at sea for Easter Sunday and we were wondering if there are Easter Sunday services on board? Anything else done on board that's special and helps mark the day that we should know about? Brunch? High Tea? Would so appreciate hearing back from anybody who's been at sea for Easter Sunday. It's a sea day on our sailing, if that helps.

Thanks ahead of time for your input!

Hi SunandFun! We're on the same cruise. Don't know about Easter activities but curious as well. Have you gone on the roll call for our ship? Also, have you signed up for the cc party?:)

While in years past, Celebrity almost always had a Catholic priest onboard all there ships, in the last year or so they discontinued them, except for the major holidays, and of course easter qualifies under that definition.

I've been onboard Celebrity ships 2X over easter and the both cruise's had a Easter Sunday sunrise catholic mass on the aft deck ( Btw.. very nice sunrise views )

As with all cruiseship mass's the priests usually try and keep them as non-denominational as possible

Srpilo

It's been many years but the best Easter Sunday service I ever attended was on a Celebrity ship where one of the performers did a skit about Jesus vs The Easter Bunny. It was non denominational and so popular and well received he photocopied the service and had them delivered to the guests cabins.

We were on the Solstice for Halloween and the main atrium was beautifully decorated so I can't imagine they'd miss such an opportunity for Easter.

While in years past, Celebrity almost always had a Catholic priest onboard all there ships, in the last year or so they discontinued them, except for the major holidays, and of course easter qualifies under that definition.

I've been onboard Celebrity ships 2X over easter and the both cruise's had a Easter Sunday sunrise catholic mass on the aft deck ( Btw.. very nice sunrise views )

As with all cruiseship mass's the priests usually try and keep them as non-denominational as possible

Srpilo

Having attended several Masses at sea, I never saw anything "non-denominational" about them. I can't see any priest doing that. I have known priests to preside at non denominational services, separately. On another note, since Celebrity no longer has a priest on board every cruise like they used to, we attended Mass in St. Maarten last month and it was much more meaningful than a service in the ship's theater. (And I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the onboard service. )

John in OH

Archived