President Week Cruises

John&John

I was just looking at some of the pricing for President week cruises and the Conquest has resident rates for $359 as well as $369 for the Victory.

I am surprised to see such availability as I thought Presidents week was a popular week for families to cruise.

I was just looking at some of the pricing for President week cruises and the Conquest has resident rates for $359 as well as $369 for the Victory.

I am surprised to see such availability as I thought Presidents week was a popular week for families to cruise.

Students here in NYC have President's week off and that's when my daughter and I are traveling. They call it Mid Winter Recess here. We will be in the Triumph and the rates were fairly good for us too.

Really??:confused:

When is it?

Students here in NYC have President's week off and that's when my daughter and I are traveling. They call it Mid Winter Recess here. We will be in the Triumph and the rates were fairly good for us too.

you should see how NCL gouged New Yorkers for that week with an all access Nick cruise...really shameful..and I truly understand profit making and supply and demand.....

We are paying half of what they are paying President's Week and we are leaving on Easter Sunday...as my kids get the week after Easter off:D

They doubled the prices for the week before Easter/Passover as well

We live in Michigan and our kids our off the whole week. Schools call it Mid- Winter break as someone previously mentioned. We find it a great time to cruise because rates are lower , especially when compared to Easter break, and we found a good amount of families travel then.

Kids in mass have that week off, you usually can get a good price on the cruise, but the airfare could cost 500+ RT which kills the great price.

Thats why we're driving from NY- FLA !! Our airfare would have been more than double the cost of the cruise.

My parents are cruising that time on the Liberty. My mom is a school teacher in NY, so she can only go during school breaks. The cruise itself is not too expensive, but the flight from NY to Florida is almost as much as the cruise! They actually had to get airfare through Carnival because they were charging $600 for the airfare and my dad couldn't find anything for less than $800 that week that would get him to Florida in time. And believe me, he looked day and night for a vacation, not just a cruise. He looked at all inclusives, different cruises from different places. The flights are what kills it.

We live in Michigan and our kids our off the whole week. Schools call it Mid- Winter break as someone previously mentioned. We find it a great time to cruise because rates are lower , especially when compared to Easter break, and we found a good amount of families travel then.

I'm in Michigan too..but they dropped my kids week off and changed it to a Friday/Monday long weekend..BOO!...the last time we had a full week off in Feb. was 2006...:( So we are sailing Easter week instead....:)

Up here in Ontario (Canada) your President's day is our "Family Day" so most of us have it off too. Not a whole week off but for those who are working its still one day less of vacation to cash in. And that's the week when I'd say 90% of our universities have our week off for reading week. That's why we're Victory-bound for Feb 20! I'll be busy "reading" menus, capers, drink recipes :D

Well, we used :( to sail President's Week - did so for four years, three years out of Florida and one from Galveston. Loved getting away from winter. Flying is a pain and an added expense, but we needed the break.

Now DH has gone back into teaching college, so his break and the kids' break no longer line up. They're off in February, he's not. He's off in March, they're not. They're off in April, he's not. You get the idea. So it's summer cruising for us again....

That is a big vacation week for the little darlings in the N. E. If you cruise that week I hope you like kids there will be tons on the cruise ships. However, the week before Easter, Easter week, and the week after Easter is worse kids every where.

Archived