Landtour/Louiscruise or NCL Jade greek Islands

cruzebunny

We are thinking of a cruise or TRafaglar tour/cruise to Greek Islands inMay.We have heard Jade isn't the best of ships but also the same of theLouis ships. Trafaglar has a good reputation-it would include a tour 2 days on land then cruise on the Louis cruise line for 5 days. The price is actualy more than Jade. Jade spends more time at each port-fewer onthe Louis cruise

What are cruise critics opinions about these lines and tours

thanks

Louis lines ships are quite old, very basic. They also tend to be very port intensive. I was on Calypso for four days and we visited six islands. You might check on the 'other cruise lines' forum for more folks with Louis experience. EM

We've sailed on both Jade (twice) and a Louis cruise....I really don't know what criticisms you've heard about Jade, but we found life on board to be pleasant; certainly no worse than other cruise lines, and in some cases better.

Louis cruises are with older ships, without all the fun items of modern lines....you use them for the destinations. The one we were on was clean, the food was OK...more quantity than quality, but quite acceptable.

The Med ports are destination led, and the ship serves mainly as a hotel. We would have no problems returning to either ship.

Jo.

• 2 weeks later...
We've sailed on both Jade (twice) and a Louis cruise....I really don't know what criticisms you've heard about Jade, but we found life on board to be pleasant; certainly no worse than other cruise lines, and in some cases better.

Louis cruises are with older ships, without all the fun items of modern lines....you use them for the destinations. The one we were on was clean, the food was OK...more quantity than quality, but quite acceptable.

The Med ports are destination led, and the ship serves mainly as a hotel. We would have no problems returning to either ship.

Jo.

Thanks for info on Louis. We've booked mid-March cruise from Athens (8 days) on MV Orient Queen. Visiting lots of ports. First cruie, with UK friends. Rich

I've been researching Louis over the past couple of months. We are going to go on a Chamebr of Commerce trip on the Cristal. I've read good service, a more "old school" ship (which I'm looking forward to) and, as mentioned, port intensive.

I'm still on the lookout for more particulars regarding the drink package that is sometimes offered and things a bit more Louis specific than I've found so far.

Have a great day, Randy

Randy- our cruise on Louis was with a large group...choral singers from all over the UK who get together to learn new works each year. Because you're with a group, you don't notice that there's no flow-rider; big pool; pizza parlour etc. Instead, we met and rehearsed at sea, then raced off to visit the sights, which were many....sometimes 2 islands in one day. Enjoy your companions, and the trip-

Jo.

Archived