2012 Alaska Cruise Tours

GreySkies

Usually around April/May, when they have a good feel for the current season shapeup. At least that seems to be the trend I have noticed.

Anyone know when the 2012 Alaska Cruise Tours will be available on the website?

I need to figure out what I'm doing for my vacations next year. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be booking my first cruise in almost 19 years today! It will be for our 20th anniversary in 2012. We're doing an Alaska cruisetour. We're leaving for the land portion on Sunday, May 27th, 2012. The cruise number is MB6! I am so excited! Now all I have to do is wait!! :o I'm sure I will be asking many questions before then!!!

With cruisetours, I strongly encourage people to do their homework. Consistantly, most people are not clear on what they are purchasing. And have errors in their assumptions, which are much better to be known, BEFORE you book.

Key points to consider is TIME, go for as long as you can afford, avoid short cruisetour, way to much time in transit. Have 2 nights at Denali park, and forget about the WORTHLESS Natural History tour, most people do not even realize, this does NOT get you into the park. I would hope people are going to Denali for wildlife and scenery. :) Make the right selection- http://www.nps.gov/dena

The McKinley Princess is a "holding tank" :) in some repects. :) It is a two hour round trip drive from the nearest town, Talkeetna. There are extremely few activities at the lodge. Don't make the shuttle trip more than you have to.

Princess trains are assigned table seating. 2 ride backwards the entire trip. IF you get a direct to Denali cruisetour, realize, that the major scenery is between Whittier and Anchorage- about 2 hours. The entire trip is 10 hours.

Budget 50% more than you would at home, for meals.

If you start/end in Fairbanks, I strongly encourage you to add days. You see very little of Fairbanks on cruisetours, get a rental car and take advantage of being there.

Archived