My VERY long Carnival Victory Cruise Jan. 23, 2010 Review

Kitt Lady

ONE MORE DAY !!!

I have so much to get done before we leave...

Drop off Great Dane at kennel for Doggy Spa Week...Drop German Shepard off at my Mom to get spoiled for the week. Pick up odds and ends...Pick up around the house...Figure out how to get my luggage to weigh under 50 lbs...

So much to do :eek:

You must be hopping today! I am SO jealous! I just got back in Nov. and am going back this May. I loved your review and was wondering if you're going to stay at the same hotel with no elevator. lol I'm trying to decide on a hotel and know you research everything to death like I do. Time for a quick thought?? If not don't worry I'll wait till you get back :) Have fun!

Figure out how to get my luggage to weigh under 50 lbs...

I just hate that!! I'm pretty good but you'll always find my daughter with her 2 suitcases sprawled out in front of the airline clerk shifting luggage around. They wanted to charge her $50 for having a piece of luggage 4 pounds overweight!

ONE MORE DAY !!!

I have so much to get done before we leave...

Drop off Great Dane at kennel for Doggy Spa Week...Drop German Shepard off at my Mom to get spoiled for the week. Pick up odds and ends...Pick up around the house...Figure out how to get my luggage to weigh under 50 lbs...

I know exactly how you feel...I am waiting for my husband to get home and we will start the long drive to Minneapolis...in the snow. We will fly from there to San Juan in the morning and be spending the week with you on the Victory.

I finally got my luggage under 50 pounds by making my husband carry all of my liquids. I had the hardest time packing. This is our first winter cruise and It just felt weird putting shorts and swimsuits in the luggage when it was below zero outside!

Safe travels to you and perhaps your group of six will meet up with my group of six during the week. I want to get to the meet and greet but I am doubtful it willl happen. The other 4 will not get to San Juan until 5:30 pm on Sunday night. I have my fingers crossed that they make it to the ship on time. :eek:

• 4 months later...
Fun Day at Sea (1/25/2011)

Not a day we were looking forward to - we're not "Fun Day at Sea" kinda people. To know it would've been another port makes it disappointing, but I have decided to make the most of it. I made a promise to myself that I will let DH relax anyway he wants...lol. Last cruise (Carnival Dream, Jan 2009), I felt like I had to schedule his day. Turned out - he didn't like that at all...lol.

Pre Cruise "Fun Day at Sea" plans - Sleep in, eat, massage, eat, take nap, eat, lay by pool, eat, nap, eat, people watch, eat...lol...and throw in a DOD after each event...lol...you get the idea.

Our at sea day wasn't an exciting one. This was the day my DH's stomach was it's worse. If it was going to be any day - at least it was one that we didn't have anything planned. He stayed close to our room.

I decided at one point to go lay out. Well...that didn't happen. It was a BEAUTIFUL day ! I walked every inch of the ship and not an open lounger ANYWHERE. Though, there were a HUGE amount of books, shoes and beach towels getting the nicest tans. Oh well...I had a wonderful balcony.

Pre cruise I thought - I may just try to win a "Ship on a Stick". OK, knowing myself, I will pump myself up to do it - then get faced with the situation and FREEZE. (NOTE TO SELF: NO ONE KNOWS YOU - GO FOR IT!) Well, with DH's stomach I stayed close to our room...so no ship on a stick this year...maybe next year.

We did go to the Marriage show...I LOVE that show. Again, this year - it didn't disappoint, it was hysterical.

Mental note to myself - Don't trust DH to pack the over the counter meds...

I wish *younz* were on the cruise my mother and I are taking on the Valor in two weeks. You guys are a blast.

Love the review and the blue dress, even though I am getting in on the thread a bit late. :)

Sherry (also in PA)

• 8 months later...
With all due respect...well, wait a minute...why should I have respect for some one that obviously doesn't care about giving respect for others.

If you are unable to read my review due to bad grammar, misspelled words, etc....MOVE ON. That's the GREAT thing about message boards.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM !!

Hey, I'm from Western Pennsylvania - be glad I didn't rock your freakin world with...Younz....Ain't...or anything else that would make you take the time to publicly criticize another person.

I had a GREAT cruise...I wanted to share...pay forward for all the wonderful reviews that helped me make my vacation the best yet.

Even though this is an older post I wanted to say BRAVO! for your response to the grammer police. Yes I know the exclamation mark is not being used right. Jeez everyone is a critic...get over yourself.

Archived