My VERY long Carnival Victory Cruise Jan. 23, 2010 Review

Kitt Lady

Great review, I like the way you've added humor to your experience. You have a very positive outlook, which is nice. Instead of complaining that there were no chairs available on the Lido you didnt let it bother you all that much, cuz really there's no need to let little things like that ruin your trip, your on vacation after all!!! Having said that, i'll make sure to go out early on Sea day to get a spot... We're going on this cruise in April, i'm addicted to this website...

Thanks Wake2port. I try to have as postive of an outlook as I can. My DF has Parkinson's. I go to my parents house every night to help my DM. My DF is my daily reminder to go and do now. Don't wait. His whole life he raised three children and said " When I retire your mother and I are going to....(fill in the blank)". Well, he was forced into retirement, due to Parkinson's. He's now not healthy enough to do what he always wanted to do.

I look at life and figure - I am healthy, I am able, and I am going to live. I figure life is a choice - the glass can be half full or half empty - I choose half full.

I definately would go early to the Lido deck if you want a lounger. If there was a redo - I would have gone ALOT earlier.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your review. I will be on the Victory in May for my birthday. Can't wait to hear more of your cruise and about the islands.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday !! Happy Birthday early !!

Do you happen to remember what time you guys got to magens bay? It looks so empty, easy to get a good spot, i will be spending the day there :)

Magen's Bay was part of the Ultimate Island excursion. We went to the look out then to Magen's Bay - So I am guessing it was probably around 8:30 - 9:00am. I first thought it was going to be too early - but honestly once we were there, it really wasn't too early.

When we go back, we're going to go (and the pre-planning is) to go some where around the same time. It was starting to really fill up when we were leaving.

Wonderful beach...the birds were cool. They were dive bombing for fish.

I find it very interesting that your husband doesn't like the water. Nothing wrong with it....I don't like snorkeling, too afraid of my snorkel tube being plugged or someone put water in it.:rolleyes: I have to really focus so I don't hyperventilate but as long as I'm hanging on to my husband though, I'm good.:p

LOL...DH HATES snorkel. I grew up in water...I was on the Diving Team, Swim Team, a Life Gaurd, ect. So he REALLY tries for me - cause he knows how much I love the water.

Try to relax - I know it's hard, but you'll do better if you do. Ohhhh what we won't do for love...

You are definately going to have to tell me about your cruise - I can't wait to hear what you thought about it.

Great review. Just over 2 weeks and I am off on my cruise.:D:D:D:D

Oh your getting close....packing yet? I started at two weeks - but that ended up taking me a week to get done...put it in...take it out...put it in....take it out. I did soooo much of that...lol

Back to the ship....ohhh whatta day !!

1183320885_WusXX-M.jpg

First thing on my list once we got back onto the ship...MONKEY HEAD!!! I didn't see them last year on the Dream. So this year I paid attention to the drink specials...

1183321091_tNgTs-M.jpg

My DH said he couldn't let me drink alone, sooooo.....

1183321581_WERF8-M.jpg

And off we go.....

1183322331_YDCGc-M.jpg

I would LOVE to do this cruise - my dream is to go to all the islands that start with St. - BUT, my husband isn't crazy about leaving from San Juan. We are from Montana, so basically ALL flights are expensive and long, but how would you compare it to flying to Miami? Haven't really looked in to it that much yet. I would love to spend extra days in San Juan - just looks like too much to see in only a couple of hours.

I also love your review - I have become a c/c addict myself and it is such a BONUS when people take the time to post pictures. Thank you!

St. Lucia is where all of the obsessive planning went straight out the door...

1180420328_EgZ9U-XL.jpg

We fell into the the "What do you wonna do...I don't know, what do you wonna do...I dunno ..." We recieved the notice on the first night but by the time we talked and agreed...everything we were hoping to replace it with was.....sold out.

We decided on the Tram ride through the rain forest. Secrectly I was in a....TOTAL PANIC. OMG - I hate Farris wheels...it's sloooowwwwwww, it always stop when I am at the top, and they are waaaaaayyyyyy too high. What was I thinking when I agreed?! Ok, I was feeling bad about the snorkeling trip....but CRAP...I have to Zip Line in St. Kitt!!!

I decided the only thing I had to do was close my eyes.

1184994540_4SZwW-M.jpg

1184995407_YDKNL-M.jpg

1184996281_QdXze-M.jpg

Our basket thingy....

The bus driver was very good at being a tour guide. He even pulled over to show us some Banannas

1185000558_DHRKn-M.jpg

Back at the port we did a little shopping....Bananna Ketchup (tastes like regular ketchup and I'm from Pittsburgh...Home of Heinz), Bananna BBQ Sauce (which is VERY good) and some other odd and ends.

1185004020_rH9md-M.jpg

Then a drink...

1185002901_uPEiL-M.jpg

1185003137_fhvV5-M.jpg

1185003391_CWTXV-M.jpg

I would LOVE to do this cruise - my dream is to go to all the islands that start with St. - BUT, my husband isn't crazy about leaving from San Juan. We are from Montana, so basically ALL flights are expensive and long, but how would you compare it to flying to Miami? Haven't really looked in to it that much yet. I would love to spend extra days in San Juan - just looks like too much to see in only a couple of hours.

I also love your review - I have become a c/c addict myself and it is such a BONUS when people take the time to post pictures. Thank you!

My DH wasn't too happy about the air expense when we first booked. But now that we've done the cruise - He thinks it totally worth the added expense. I pushed to fly in the day before - we are both so glad we did.

The air part of the planning was the messiest of it all. I think with the expense of air - what I am going to do this year is book direct and asap. The cost of air right now is half of what we paid for this cruise. I have a cousin that works at US Air - so I am going to have her coach me on the smartest way and time to book air. When I get a hold of her - I'll post it on here.

Oh, please do post any airfare tips. We live just north of Montana, in Canada (sky high airfare taxes), so our fares are brutal too. Looks like we could pay around $800-1200 for airfare to San Juan. :eek: And some of those itineraries have two stops and are 20 hours! :(

I am trying to be creative and look at flying out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, but that adds an extra day onto the trip each way. I'm sure we'll figure something out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Oh, please do post any airfare tips. We live just north of Montana, in Canada (sky high airfare taxes), so our fares are brutal too. Looks like we could pay around $800-1200 for airfare to San Juan. :eek: And some of those itineraries have two stops and are 20 hours! :(

I am trying to be creative and look at flying out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, but that adds an extra day onto the trip each way. I'm sure we'll figure something out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Our air fare for this cruise was close to that..it was a shocker. But air for Dec 2012 is at about $500 from Pitts to San Juan. So I am crossing my fingers is stays there for Jan 2012. I'm afraid I am going to run into the same problems your running into for our son - He lives in Colo. I'm planning (at the moment) to fly him in the day before then out of Pitts. But this is where my cousin needs to coach me.

Back to the Ship we go...

Since we were in our cabin early the night before - I wasn't able to get a towel animal that night. It was disappointing but hey, I am supposed to be an adult...lol.

When we got back to our room .... Our room stewarts surprised me !!!!!

1185005171_C6Zs8-M.jpg

1185004608_RBgD9-M.jpg

They gave me last night's towel animal while we were in port.....what sweet hearts !!!

Archived