My VERY long Carnival Victory Cruise Jan. 23, 2010 Review

Kitt Lady

Off to bed for us, after walking around and enjoying the night life of Old San Juan. Absolutely wonderful night life there. It's just too bad we were so tired after traveling all day. We worked our way back to the hotel and stopped at a bar that had a great blue drink. I have no clue what it's called but it was really good - no problem falling asleep after that drink...lol

The next morning we checked with the hotel if we could check out a little later and she said no problem. They have a 12:00 noon check out - but since no one was in our room after us. She let us have a 1:00 pm check out (at no charge - we offered). She said that if we weren't back - they have a room to hold luggage and she would have the bell hop put them in there. Just to ask for her.

1178074866_Cvumb-M.jpg

1178086669_wbkKq-M.jpg

This was the menu at the hotel

Old San Juan

(January average temperature - average high of 84 degrees and average low 66 degrees- Actual 80 degrees and beautiful and the low was 73 degrees )

Off to the fort....

1178101835_2qNtr-M.jpg

1178110690_A7zW5-M.jpg

1178112165_7B8Ke-M.jpg

1178160231_BuAQ2-M.jpg

1178176023_jXjyo-M.jpg

1178204823_qgm9d-M.jpg

BUTTTTTTT....What goes up must come down...

I did get the bags down the four floor...OMG did I work up a sweat!

Now that took me forever to get those darn things down four floors.....eskkkkkk. I was motivated though...the ship was waiting for us...

Old San Juan

(January average temperature - average high of 84 degrees and average low 66 degrees- Actual 80 degrees and beautiful and the low was 73 degrees )

Off to the fort....

1178101835_2qNtr-M.jpg

BUTTTTTTT....What goes up must come down...

I did get the bags down the four floor...OMG did I work up a sweat!

Now that took me forever to get those darn things down four floors.....eskkkkkk. I was motivated though...the ship was waiting for us...

....just lovin' this blue dress!

Loving your review!!! We did this cruise 2 years ago and loving how others enjoyed themselves as well. This is very port-intensive, but well worth the money!

Thank you. I agree - we really aren't "Ship people"...lol. The ports are what we REALLY want, so the itinerary is perfect for us.

VIP Boarding (1/23/2011)

We made our way over to the Ship. It really isn't a bad walk, it's three-ish blocks and all downhill. We left the hotel around 12:30 in the afternoon. When we got to the pier, I dug out my bill finder folder thingy that had everything in it. Only to realize we forgot to staple our tags (I laminated the tags - worked out great) onto the luggage at the hotel. No problem - the was a Carnival lady guiding and helping people AND she had a stapler with her.

We didn't have any porters ask to help us. Honestly, it really would've been a waste at that point. We walked into the building and a man pointed to the luggage scanner and OFF WENT THE LUGGAGE....

We walked into the building and went through the security. They guys running it were really having fun that day. I went through and everything was fine but my lap top was pulled. So I needed to go back....when I came back through the scanner thing - it went off. The guys were joking that I was the best smuggler yet - that was able to do it right in front of them.

Then onto actually checking in - we seen the VIP sign and no one was at it. So we went to it - WOW, do they hop to it when someone comes over to it. They checked our paper and showed us they way. In the VIP room we took care of the rest if checking....then off to the ship...

From the time we left our hotel until actually being on the Lido deck with a DOD in hand - 30 MINUTES!! I couldn't believe how fast it was !!

1178410740_pYCJB-M.jpg

1178411762_bDJ8j-M.jpg

Balcony /Jr. Suite/Grand Suite

Once I upgraded to the Jr. Suite, I seen negative reviews about the Jr. Suite. CRAP, panic set in....did I do the right thing...are we going to be happy with it...should I go back to the balcony room....Oh heck, we decided to just go with it and enjoy no matter what...

Somewhere around 30 plus days from our cruise - I got a call from the Up sale Fairy! We are in a Grand Suite! Sorry for just blurting that out like that but I was sooooo excited. I was doing a Happy Dance around the office that day!! Merry Christmas to us!! This is where my obsessive price checking came in handy.

I almost didn't answer the number on my cell phone - I didn't recognize the phone number. My Dad has Parkinson's and has a lot of nurses, PT'S, OT's, etc in and out of their home. They gave them my phone number as a back-up number to call; So of course I answered. The Carnival Rep was so patient with us. When she called, I already knew what the rate it was going for at the time of her call. I put her on hold - she put me on hold...we looked it up online...she explained the differences...after a lot of debate we took it....She sounded as excited as I was...lol.

They used my OBC from price drops, plus a little from another OBC than an additional $12.00. DH had a little buyer's remorse after upgrading. His knee jerk reaction was "but now we don't have OBC". We have it - we just had to pay for it...lol. Oh and yes, we now have to walk to Lido deck - the pools, buffet, hot tubs. I'm looking at it as burning off extra vacation calories...lol. My DH was a little disappointed - but he's going to LOVE the balcony.

AND LOVE THE ROOM HE DID !!! He just kept saying....Wow, you did good!! I just had to smile...

1178427401_MGaMN-M.jpg

1178428417_pXGGF-M.jpg

1178434567_2bTv4-M.jpg

Once you board the ship in San Juan, can you get off and on as if it was a port day anywhere else? I gather it is a port day for some passengers who board on another island.

Some passengers board in Barbados. But yes - you can board and then head back out into San Juan for the rest of the day. Highly recommend it - it's a great place

Archived