My VERY long Carnival Victory Cruise Jan. 23, 2010 Review

Kitt Lady

Ohhhh, what a wonderful way to wake up in the morning...

1180275187_awyh7-M.jpg

Every morning we would go straight to the balcony and watch for the new island. DH and I are always excited to see that first glimpse of the new island. We would grab our coffee, sit back and enjoy the view coming around the corner.

Every night I would put out the room service card for coffee for the next morning. Only little ”glitch" in the system...

If you put that the room service was for 2 people, you would get 2 of everything...two mugs, two bagels and 1 pot of coffee....ok...good....unless you drink coffee like I do. We got our first room service - I looked at my DH and asked what he was going to drink...lol.

Morning two...I order for 4 people skipping the bagels and asked for an extra pot of coffee....4 coffee mugs and ONE pot of coffee...ok...that didn't work.

Morning three....I order for two people...but go to Lido and get the rest of the coffee before the room service girl came. I had one guy ask me if I was taking back for our whole floor. I told him they could share one cup but the rest was MINE...lol. But I did the trip to the Lido deck the rest of the week...worked out great.

BUUUUT, next cruise I'm bringing a HUGE insulated mug, so that trip to Lido is a little easier.

DH and I decided on the Ultimate Island Experience. We aren’t real big on shopping, the part we do like is walking around. We like seeing what is the same as home, what is different and talking with people.

Unfortunately my DH stomach wasn’t traveling well this time. Poor guy spent probably three days with an upset stomach. He’s a trooper…

1180278926_umbSk-M.jpg

We met the excursion people right outside of the ship door. A lady was standing there with a sign and we got in line

1180280277_qj9YP-M.jpg

They took us on a Safari type bus. We were in the back of the line and all the seats that were easy to get into were taken. So I just filled in where there were seats for two. Oh wow, did I show how I do not have any grace at all...lol...oh well....thankfully my DH didn't have the camera ready...lol

1180279474_iURwS-M.jpg

The first stop was the over look....ohhhhh how pretty....

1180293194_wKtUh-M.jpg

This one has a little story behind it...

The man with the donkey/mule (not sure which) was trying to convince us to have our picture taken with her. I was like….ehh, I don’t know about that one…

My DH kept saying, oh do it…so I did it. The man was telling us that her name is Monica Lewinsky. As my DH walked around so we could get a picture together; he was asking the man how she got her name. He no sooner finished his sentence and Monica picked up her head and…well…how do you say it nicely...got him in the crotch. lol

1180295079_5HSfk-M.jpg

The over look area...

1180302016_bqWq7-M.jpg

Off to Magen's Bay Beach...LOVE this beach...

1180324160_ybtdV-M.jpg

1180330689_aQcxz-M.jpg

The water is so clear and calm. You walk into the water and the fish would swim right up to you. I really tried to get a picture of the dive bombing birds. I was never fast enough to get them. They would dive bomb right beside you to get the fish. You could hear people squealing every time the birds were diving in...

A view of the grounds on the way down the hill

1180351245_pmSSD-M.jpg

DH's attempt to get Blackbeard's money

1180354479_VYYQZ-M.jpg

My attempt to get it...

1180358497_V3jfD-M.jpg

The 99 Stair...ok...that one we weren't too ecited about after the hotel in San Juan...lol....but we lived...lol

1180367027_TfCmr-M.jpg

Back on board...

1180384209_UrgJC-M.jpg

Saying good bye to St. Thomas...

1180385643_5Ayqo-M.jpg

Settling in for the night...

The balcony had four chairs - three reclined and one didn't. So, we took one and laid it flat and we used it as a foot stool...

1180391912_z5V6u-M.jpg

Fun Day at Sea (1/25/2011)

Not a day we were looking forward to - we're not "Fun Day at Sea" kinda people. To know it would've been another port makes it disappointing, but I have decided to make the most of it. I made a promise to myself that I will let DH relax anyway he wants...lol. Last cruise (Carnival Dream, Jan 2009), I felt like I had to schedule his day. Turned out - he didn't like that at all...lol.

Pre Cruise "Fun Day at Sea" plans - Sleep in, eat, massage, eat, take nap, eat, lay by pool, eat, nap, eat, people watch, eat...lol...and throw in a DOD after each event...lol...you get the idea.

Our at sea day wasn't an exciting one. This was the day my DH's stomach was it's worse. If it was going to be any day - at least it was one that we didn't have anything planned. He stayed close to our room.

I decided at one point to go lay out. Well...that didn't happen. It was a BEAUTIFUL day ! I walked every inch of the ship and not an open lounger ANYWHERE. Though, there were a HUGE amount of books, shoes and beach towels getting the nicest tans. Oh well...I had a wonderful balcony.

Pre cruise I thought - I may just try to win a "Ship on a Stick". OK, knowing myself, I will pump myself up to do it - then get faced with the situation and FREEZE. (NOTE TO SELF: NO ONE KNOWS YOU - GO FOR IT!) Well, with DH's stomach I stayed close to our room...so no ship on a stick this year...maybe next year.

We did go to the Marriage show...I LOVE that show. Again, this year - it didn't disappoint, it was hysterical.

Mental note to myself - Don't trust DH to pack the over the counter meds...

With all due respect...well, wait a minute...why should I have respect for some one that obviously doesn't care about giving respect for others.

If you are unable to read my review due to bad grammar, misspelled words, etc....MOVE ON. That's the GREAT thing about message boards.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM !!

Hey, I'm from Western Pennsylvania - be glad I didn't rock your freakin world with...Younz....Ain't...or anything else that would make you take the time to publicly criticize another person.

I had a GREAT cruise...I wanted to share...pay forward for all the wonderful reviews that helped me make my vacation the best yet.

Well said...what a total idiot.......... :mad::mad:

Lovin' the review - making those blizzard days melt away as I think about being on our balcony in the mornings and watching the island of the day float into view!

Can't wait to read more....keep it coming!

Thank you ! Mornings on the balcony were my favorite time of the day. It's just total relaxation...

Hi! I've truly enjoyed your review and it is doing nothing but making me more excited about our 5/1 sailing. Keep it coming! :D

Thanks kinabina! Your going to love the islands!! We still can't decide which is our favorite...lol

Archived