Safe at Champagne Reef to leave towels and clothes?

adventurous Duo

We are looking to snorkel at Champagne Reef. Since the two of us feel safer snorkeling together, will our towels and clothes be safe on the rocks/Beach? Or are there lockers to rent? Thanks. Also, we would like to take the bus to experience the culture. I see people mentioning $2pp and also E.C.$3.5, We are a little confused. Also, are the busses reliable for our return trip to ship? Thanks.

We left our things on shore when we went but we were part of a tour so there were still a lot of people there. Nothing of ours was bothered however we did move our stuff off the path and back into the woods (maybe 5 feet) with another couple so that it was not out in the open. There are no safes there as far as I saw but there is a little shop that rents equipment so they might have some or they might let you leave your stuff with them.

There very well might be lockers, but I didn't notice. We just leave our things on the beach--it's not a nice sandy area where lots of people are roaming around--everyone there is there to snorkel, and there are local guides around and park employees. I'm not saying nothing would get taken, but it wouldn't be the norm, that's for sure.

We don't take anything valuable that won't fit in a plastic pouch like this:

http://www.waterproofcases.net/waterproof-wallets-and-pouches-aquapac-water-proof-pouches.html

Ours is the size of the smallest one or smaller--holds a little cash, cruise card, credit card and id.

The only other thing we have with us that would be a loss would be our sandals--that would be just plain cruel if anyone took those at that location!

Also, we would like to take the bus to experience the culture. I see people mentioning $2pp and also E.C.$3.5, We are a little confused. Also, are the busses reliable for our return trip to ship? Thanks.

They will take either U.S. $ or Eastern Caribbean $. We took the bus on several islands, so we got a little EC from an ATM, to make it easier on the drivers. If you will only take the bus once or twice, it's probably easier to use U.S.

The buses come by very frequently. Just stand by the side of the road and wave at them. If they are full, they will drive on by, but it won't take long before one has room for you.

Archived