Veterans OBC for Brits and Aussies maybe soon!

MattOsprey

Hi all,

I put a post on the Alan Buckelew President and CEO's blog saying I was disappointed that we didn't get this great perk.

I got a reply saying the following:-

Princess Cruises says... February 3, 2011 | 3:28pm

Hi Matthew,

We have appreciated everyone’s feedback and thank you for your patience while we review our program. We are currently working to expand the program to other regions, including our Australia and UK veterans.

There is no timescale mentioned, but this will be great if it happens soon.

Matthew

I think all Vets should be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Every American or Canadian who has commented about this issue on any threads I have read, agree. No one begrudges that you get it, but it will be great when we have parity.

It is good to hear that Princess are doing something that a lot of people feel is very important.

I wonder if the reason it has been done this way is to trial it and judge cruisers responses, and see the take up.

It is also very easy for Americans to provide veterans documentation. Where as in the UK we don't have the same paperwork. And they would need to agree on a reliable way of proving credentials.

Matthew

Every American or Canadian who has commented about this issue on any threads I have read, agree. No one begrudges that you get it, but it will be great when we have parity.

It is good to hear that Princess are doing something that a lot of people feel is very important.

I wonder if the reason it has been done this way is to trial it and judge cruisers responses, and see the take up.

It is also very easy for Americans to provide veterans documentation. Where as in the UK we don't have the same paperwork. And they would need to agree on a reliable way of proving credentials.

Matthew

I have a printout showing my service dates and service number. I have my Veterans badge. I have my medals - that should cover it! :D

Hi all,

I put a post on the Alan Buckelew President and CEO's blog saying I was disappointed that we didn't get this great perk

Matthew

Well done, Matt. We will await developments with interest and hope that we will get it soon.

Got my printout and medals, but what is a Veterans Badge?

Thanks.

Matthew

It is a badge that says "If this person is found lost please return to the Pentagon".....No postage needed:rolleyes::o

I really think this is a silly topic. I think that credits should not be given at all. Serving ones country is thanks enough. please pass the shrimp.:o

If you disagree with the policy you might want to suggest that directly to the CEO of Princess Cruise line then ?

I believe he is a former Vietnam veteran ?

What is the diplomatic civilian speak translation for Foxtrot Oscar ?

If you disagree with the policy you might want to suggest that directly to the CEO of Princess Cruise line then ?

I believe he is a former Vietnam veteran ?

What is the diplomatic civilian speak translation for Foxtrot Oscar ?

so am I:eek:

Archived