Entertainment On Board

DAN 60

It would be great if P&O or any other cruise line could tell us in advance which act,s were on a particular cruise.

I for one would be influenced by who was entertaining us good or bad.

There are some act,s i would love to see again, and yes to know the

one,s to avoid also.:cool:

What would be good too if P&O, like Cunard, published when & how many formal nights & theme night.

They do publish how many and if you've cruised before you can probably guess the days, 2nd night formal, 2nd to last night formal, the others are determined by the cruise director while on board depending on ports and sea days, which are different for each cruise.

P&O do inform of guest speakers for cruises in advance, the rest of the "entertainment" is booked (i guess) as to who is available on certain dates, so they don't want to advertise say Fogwell Flax if he gets a booking for TV (I know I'm stretching it abit :eek:) as he'd jump at the chance :D

I sometimes think it's nice not to know too much, it wouldn't be quite the same if we knew everything in advance.

We have never been disappointed with any entertainment with P&O.

You could look at the weather in a similar way. If you knew for certain that the weather was going to be wet and stormy, you probably wouldn't book the cruise, but if you go anyway and it's lovely in every port of call, it's a bonus.

A good thing about P&O is that there's always an equally good alternaive to any show you don't want to go to - sometimes you're spoiled for choice though.

What would be good too if P&O, like Cunard, published when & how many formal nights & theme night.

It is published. There are two formal nights, two semi formal nights, and three smart casual nights per week, except for Ventura and Oceana, who currently dont have semi formal but it is coming back on Oceana later this year.

Brian

It is published. There are two formal nights, two semi formal nights, and three smart casual nights per week, except for Ventura and Oceana, who currently dont have semi formal but it is coming back on Oceana later this year.

Brian

Cunard will tell you which day is which code, to assist in planning.

Of course they'll change it once you get on board, but such is life! :mad:

WD

on our 3 week cruise in April we have 5 formal nights, 5 informal nights and 11 casual nights - also a black and white night, a tropical night, a 60's night and a country and western night - this is on Aurora.

If you look on your personalise on P&O website you can get lots of information

Linda

on our 3 week cruise in April we have 5 formal nights, 5 informal nights and 11 casual nights - also a black and white night, a tropical night, a 60's night and a country and western night - this is on Aurora.

If you look on your personalise on P&O website you can get lots of information

Linda

Yes, but people like to know when, they never will because the CD decides on board. TIP you will get a "cruise overview" a bit like a "horizon" paper, do NOT rely on this for information, they do change not only when the nights are but how many of each. People don't always realise that the B&W is the MOST formal of the lot.

On Azura, you can see a show and entertainment after as Azura has 3 performances of the show in the theatre.... We were on 2nd sitting so went to the 7pm performance of the show, had a pre-dinner drink, and after dinner went to Malabar for example to see a tribute artist such as Phil Collins, George Micheal , Annie Lenox. Or a comedian,which was a great Idea.

Even the smaller Oceana has Footlights and Starlights venue where different things are happening each night.

I think Tribute bands are only on the 2 larger ships at the moment -Ventura and Azura, or they were last year as it was a trial to see if thats what pax wanted to see.

Archived